Magic Eden is looking to hire an Accounting Manager to join the team.
Magic Eden is the #1 NFT marketplace on Solana. Our mission is to be the destination for discovering, trading, and creating NFTs. Magic Eden has been a community-first marketplace since day 1 and strives to be the most customer-centric NFT marketplace.
In this role as an Accounting Manager you get the opportunity to join the Finance team as one of the first employees and shape processes and structure at an extremely fast-growing company. We are looking for somewhat of an Accounting allrounder who can help us build this function and has an all-hands-on-deck attitude.
Magic Eden is a remote-first company with competitive benefits and perks.
- Build the foundation of Magic Eden’s Accounting function.
- Define and own the month-end closing process; own the transition of bringing our books in house from our external bookkeepers.
- Own the AP/Expense process; define company policies and procedures.
- Generate our monthly/quarterly/and annual company financials; draft financial statements
- Assist in defining our Crypto Currency revenue and expense policies
- Facilitate financial statement audits with our external auditors
- Support the budgeting process working with stakeholders from across the company
- Perform variance analysis and help teams keep to their budgets
- Report and provide analysis on financial KPIs and business performance/health
- 5+ years of experience in Accounting or Finance; startup experience is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in a related field - Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics
- Extreme attention to detail, reliability and trustworthiness
- Proven analytical and project management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, communicate with a high degree of clarity and effectiveness
- Able to thrive in the ambiguity of a startup in hyper-growth mode
- Capable of working with cross-functional teams within an international team environment
- Experience with Netsuite, TripActions, and Rippling ideal
Nice to Have
- CPA qualification / Public accounting experience / MBA
- Proficiency with SQL
- NFT/Crypto/FinTech experience
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Flexible PTO, 7 company holidays and 4 floating holidays
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans
- Wellness and work from home allowance
- Remote-first company
- 401k plan (for U.S.-based employees)
Magic Eden is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.