MakerDAO is looking to hire a remote Collateral Program Manager to join the team. This is a full-time position that is 100% remote.
The Collateral Engineering Services Core Unit (CES) is a crucial aspect of growing MakerDAO and central to the protocol’s success. Onboarding diverse and quality collateral assets to the Maker Protocol scales up DAI supply, increases the demand for Dai, supports financial inclusion, and ultimately helps mitigate risk while maintaining Dai stability.
The Core Unit Mandate focuses on three distinct areas: Dai supply, collateral infrastructure and management, and DAO principles.
Moreover, a formalized and public collateral onboarding process upholds the DAO’s principles of complete transparency and accountability to the Maker community. The mission of the Collateral Engineering Services Core Unit is to;
- Scale the Dai supply and reduce risk using desirable and diverse collateral
- Build, deliver, and operate the infrastructure for critical and sustainable core collateral management services
- Uphold the MakerDAO core principles.
Some of your responsibilities will be:
- Enable the Maker protocol to achieve long-term business value that will run in perpetuity.
- Deliver long-term benefits and unlock new capabilities for the DAO.
- Own the process of delivering value and moving the program forward with multiple, related projects inside the Collateral Management Lifecycle.
- Program management the collateral onboarding and operations for both crypto native and RWA assets.
- Drive strategic initiatives, they are often long-running and possibly permanent.
- Drive organizational change, contribute to multiple goals, and contain many projects that deliver specific components of the larger strategic initiative.
- Manage unknown or fluid deadlines due to the large scope and impact of the work that must be done continuously over a long period of time.
- Own multiple deliverables with inter-related dependencies that may continue to evolve based on changing business needs
- Increase efficiency, accuracy, and reliability of the entire collateral program.
- Ensure the effectiveness of the crypto native and real-world asset Collateral Onboarding (COB) processes; propose, drive, and implement changes where needed.
- Assist in the pre-onboarding process of crypto native and real-world asset collateral by collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure the alignment of work between Core Units and CES.
- Own and drive forward the strategy and implementation of the Collateral Operations to ensure the Maker protocol’s collateral is healthy and sustainable.
- When/where needed, work with external partners and/or projects to assist with partnerships, integration, and/or advisory work.
As a Collateral Program Manager you should have:
- 1-2 years of experience in the blockchain industry.
- 5-7 years of experience in a related role preferably in traditional finance.
- An understanding of the DeFi industry and crypto lending.
- A well-developed Program and Project Management abilities.
- The ability to understand and define complex processes that involve multiple peers and stakeholders.
- Self Starter that thrives well in ambiguity and can envision successful outcomes.
- Clear communicator who’s able to express complex ideas and execute.
- Enjoys solving real-world problems, working within unchartered territories.
- A strong sense of ownership, with the ability to lead and guide others to reach solutions.
- Thrives in a distributed environment, with the ability to build relationships across the community.
- Passionate about the blockchain industry with the desire to learn more, specifically within a DAO in the DeFi space.
What’s in it for you
- Be part of an ecosystem that encourages transparency and alignment with open source methodologies and principles.
- Contribute to high-impact projects that address the core needs of a decentralized protocol.
- Work within a remote and highly collaborative team consisting of diverse experts.
- Full-time permanent team member of the Collateral Engineering Services Core Unit.
- Competitive compensation that consists of fixed monthly income plus MKR incentive plan vested over a 3-year period