Polygon is looking to hire a Community Head to join the team.
Polygon is the leading platform for Ethereum scaling and infrastructure development. Its growing suite of products offers developers easy access to all major scaling and infrastructure solutions: L2 solutions (ZK Rollups and Optimistic Rollups), sidechains, hybrid solutions, stand-alone and enterprise chains, data availability solutions, and more. Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with 7000+ applications hosted, 1B+ total transactions processed, ~100M+ unique user addresses, and $5B+ in assets secured.
As the head of community, you will lead the community growth, engagement and contribution strategy for Polygon worldwide. This cross-functional role requires you to closely work with the polygon community, brand, PR, social media, product, KOLs, regional communities, DApps and Polygon business development teams. You will play a key role in shaping the Polygon brand and community worldwide and drive our mission of onboarding the next billion users to Web3.
This role will report into the Head of Strategy & C-level leadership.
What you need to succeed:
- Define and drive the strategic plan and tactical roadmap to build, nurture and grow the Polygon community worldwide.
- Define KPIs and metrics tracking to measure community significance and overall success
- Develop a high performing community team by driving hiring, training & mentoring of community leaders and contributors
- Lead 3 verticals in community - (1) Token community: deepening the relation of all stakeholders on the ground with the Polygon brand and key initiatives, engage with KOLs and users to ensure Polygon’s mindshare, drive community content & contribution ; (2) DApp communities: Engage and grow Polygon’s relationships in the communities of DApps on Polygon ; (3) International communities : Further Polygon’s mission, build and grow regional communities to assist with various marketing functions depending on business priorities
- Oversee the community team’s day-to-day operation and ensure consistent, rapid, and effective execution according to the defined vision and strategy
- Work closely with the product, Ecosystem verticals (DeFi, Web 2, Institutional, NFT/gaming, etc) and Developer Relations teams to drive outcomes.
- Grow Polygon’s community market share and establish Polygon as the leading Web3 company
- Deep understanding of community channels like twitter, reddit, discord, 4chan, telegram and social mining
- Keep the senior leadership and key stakeholders aligned on strategy and impact
- Stay on top of the Layer One & Layer 2 blockchain communities; position Polygon accurately to both technical and non-technical audiences in the community
Who you are/ Key requirements
- 5+ years in demonstrated experience in leadership role in community building, advocacy and growth marketing
- Passionate about the community experience, committed to attracting and nurturing users & builders at all levels of experience
- Deep experience in building and growing Web 2 or Web 3 communities
- Deep understanding of Web 3 community culture and memes
- Have a service-oriented approach to leadership and a collaborative working style; experience building and leading a high performing team
- Ability to adapt and thrive in the fast paced Web 3 environment
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders at leadership levels
- Outstanding oral and written communication abilities
- Sound understanding and passionate about blockchain/Web 3 and technology in general
- Work from anywhere (Remote first)
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible vacation policy
- Competitive Salary
Polygon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.