CoW Protocol is looking to hire a Copywriter to join the team.
About CoW DAO
CowDAO is an open organization of developers, traders, market makers and many more community members aligned with its vision. CowDAO is focused on fair and decentralized trading systems - in particular, building, maintaining and advancing the Cow Protocol. Cow Protocol technology powers a network of traders and solvers, enabling trustless and efficient peer-to-peer trading. Leveraging batch auctions as a key concept uniquely positions Cow Protocol as native trading infrastructure for discrete-time settlement layers like Ethereum and enables fair and accessible trading to its users.
CoW Protocol is on a mission to create the most fair and efficient venue for exchanging assets on all EVM compatible chains. Since launching a year ago, we have passed $12bn (yes, billion) in trade volume, and become the 4th most popular DEX Aggregator on the market -- now we're aiming for #1. If you are a high-performing team player who wants to work on some of the most-important problems in Ethereum (MEV protection, batch auctions, and more), we want to talk to you!
What you’ll do
- Write short sentences for social media, search ads, banner ads, and other types of ads
- Write long sentences and paragraphs for docs, blog posts, forum posts, websites, FAQs, developer guides, and bounty RFPs
- Copy-edit words that others write for our blog, websites, and product interfaces
- Interview colleagues to understand and distill their thinking into product announcements, guides, explainers, and industry points-of-view
- Simplify technically-innovative product information into words that anyone with any level of crypto knowledge can understand
- Develop and constantly refine onboarding materials for technical partners that might build for CoW Protocol’s APIs in partnership with the Developer Advocate (future hire)
- Define CoW Swap’s tone of voice, both overarchingly and by channel; maintain voice and style guides that drive consistency for the brand
- Ultimately own all consumer-facing copy from CoW Swap; assist in the development and management of CoW Swap’s editorial calendar and information architecture
- Concept ideas for creative campaigns in partnership with the Visual Designer and see those campaigns through to execution
- Maintain a copy bank of cow jokes and puns for us to leverage continually
- Report periodically on content performance, using content analytics platforms; learn from performance data and update outputs accordingly
Who you are
- Someone who hates jargon. You can’t even spell jrgon. Is that even a word? 🙂
- Obsessed - obsessed - with the crypto space in general and DeFi in particular … always learning and teaching the rest of us about new developments in Ethereum
- Capable of explaining Sandwich Attacks to your grandfather
- Interested in writing in a playful tone of voice
- Obsessed with rules and consistency
- Able to think structurally
- A master of memes
- Highly-skilled in the craft of the English language
- Incredibly detail-oriented – no typo . gets past you
Bonus points if you
- Are a CoW Swap user
- Have experience writing SEO-optimized copy for websites and/or blogs
- Have experience working with OpenAI/GPT-3 tools to optimize your workflow
- Can think strategically about managing our narrative in the marketplace
Benefits & Perks
⚖️. Flexible work environment: join one of our hubs in Berlin or Lisbon or work remotely with the option of joining a local co-working space
✈️ Regular trips to reunite with the rest of the team
🙌 High level of autonomy, independency and ownership
🏫 Conference budget to keep up to date with the developments of the ecosystem
📚 Learning budget to support your higher ambitions
🚀 Work alongside the biggest projects and names of the space
👩🏻💻 Is there something that interests you outside of your core tasks?→ Engineers can use your Friday afternoons on research or any side project in our ecosystem
🎯 Impact: you are joining a startup where you can make a huge difference. Your work matters!
📈 But most importantly - grow with us! We're growing rapidly, the industry is expanding fast, and we have a lot to do.