Impossible DAO is looking to hire a Corporate Team Assistant / Associate to join the team
What we're looking for
We are looking for a capable and experienced Corporate Team Assistant / Associate (with Legal & Compliance) looking for a high-impact role in creating technology that advances the state of DeFi. You will be responsible for assisting the Legal Team in providing legal and compliance support to the Impossible team.
We are a primarily remote company with some bases of operation in Singapore, HK, the US, and India, so good communication skills are necessary. English is the primary language of communication.
- Provide legal, corporate services, and administrative support to the Impossible team.
- Track and comply with transaction and case deadlines, and maintain a record of ongoing matters in our document management system.
- Improve the legal team’s efficiency and productivity, communication, vendor management, technology, change management and data analysis.
- Manage the drafting and signing processes: from initiating and tracking drafts, requests, following up with signatories, and filing of executed documents.
- Communicate with law enforcement, regulators, and courts where legal and regulatory cooperation is needed (the role is mostly compliance and transactional).
- Maintain and organise our digital filing system, for corporate, compliance, and legal matters.
- Act as an internal contact point to external advisors, including law firms.
- Act as an internal contact point for Legal with Finance and HR teams as needed.
- Coordinate, prepare and file materials for board and other corporate meetings, including agendas, resolutions, minutes and other documentation.
- Prepare and compile documentation to comply with due diligence requests.
- Coordinate distribution of documents among cross sections of departments.
- Manage and provide general assistance with research and administrative tasks in the legal team.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Fluency in English and proficient in one or more Asian languages, a plus.
- Flexible mindset, willing to learn, self-educate and pick up new skills.
- 1-2 years of experience at a law firm, in an in-house legal team, or a corporate services and compliance firm.
- Proficiency and experience with Apple and GSuite tools, and exposure to Document Management Software, a plus.
- Exceptional organisational skills and high attention to detail.
- A problem solver, and a team player.
- Proactive, efficient, detail-oriented, entrepreneurial-minded, and able to function in a remote work environment.
- Mature mindset with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Independent and self-driven in managing tasks and inclined to raise questions or request for help when complex issues are spotted.
- Eagerness to roll up your sleeves to tackle any task that’s needed on the team.
- Excited about cryptocurrency and fintech.
- Take pride in working on cutting-edge challenges.
- Comfortable to work in a startup, fast paced, and decentralised environment.
- Experience working in crypto or financial services related compliance will be advantageous, a plus.
Market competitive salaries apply, ranges depend on the candidate’s qualifications and relevant experiences. We are open to consider candidates who are early career lawyers, compliance professionals, and experienced paralegals and legal executives.
- Exclusive upsides, co-investment opportunities and team bonuses
- Health insurance
- Generous PTO / sick leave
- Flexible, remote & hybrid work
- Annual company retreat