Our mission is to help Balancer protocol become the primary source of liquidity in DeFi.
Balancer is a DeFi protocol, so decentralization of all its aspects, including data provisioning, is a priority. Data that would traditionally be stored in a centralized database has to be made available on decentralized infrastructure like The Graph and IPFS for anyone to access. While decentralization is our north star, we understand there will be times where more traditional data pipeline architectures are a better fit (eg. for performance reasons, proof of concepts, non-critical use cases etc.).
For this reason, we are looking for an experienced engineer who is comfortable building the data pipelines that will support the Balancer ecosystem. If you're passionate about building web3 and have worked as a data engineer in previous roles, this is a great fit.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture to support the Balancer ecosystem, including but not limited to the Balancer app, analytic dashboards and partner apps.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Engineering and Data teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
Given our existing architecture, this means it will be your responsibility to:
- Gather requirements, design, create, modify and document Subgraphs on The Graph Network to support the Balancer app, analytics dashboards and partner apps.
- Manage the deployment of Subgraphs to TheGraph's Hosted Service and to The Graph Network.
Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years of Data Engineering or Software Development experience.
- Excellent problem-solving skills. You should be able to take a complex problem and structure a solution with incomplete data and a lot of ambiguity.
- Comfort in a fast-paced and cross-functional work environment. Love for startups, entrepreneurship, financial markets, and new technologies.
- TypeScript (intermediate skill level)
- GraphQL (intermediate skill level)
- Ability to read and understand Solidity code
- Experience with The Graph
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Balancer Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.