Polygon is looking to hire a Data Scientist (Crypto Economics) to join the team.
Polygon is the leading platform for Ethereum scaling and infrastructure development. Its growing suite of products offers developers easy access to all major scaling and infrastructure solutions: L2 solutions (ZK Rollups and Optimistic Rollups), sidechains, hybrid solutions, stand-alone and enterprise chains, data availability solutions, and more. Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with 7000+ applications hosted, 1B+ total transactions processed, ~100M+ unique user addresses, and $5B+ in assets secured.
We are hiring a data scientist focussed on crypto economics that can conceptualize and simulate different approaches to token economic design, incentive mechanisms, and protocol structure by understanding the best practices of decentralized protocols. You will be joining the cutting edge research team consisting of protocol researchers in DeFi and blockchain space.
- Design and simulate economic models for multi-chain blockchains.
- Conduct protocol analysis from a financial and token engineering perspective.
- Design and develop agent-based simulations to directly inform design of protocol’s evolving monetary policy system geared toward Blockchain Economics.
- Running simulations for stress testing of DeFi protocols’ risk parameters to establish financial stability.
- Optimize incentive models for blockchain protocols and help discover potential attack vectors.
- Translate output from simulation exercises into clear and concise documentation.
What you need to succeed:
- Strong educational background, Masters in analytical fields such as Applied Mathematics, Statistical Economics or similar.
- Proficiency in Python programming language.
- Experience with numerical and statistical packages such as NumPy and Pandas.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in quantitative analysis.
- Proficiency with blockchain applications, crypto economics, and Decentralized Finance.
- Good communication skills, a team player who enjoys thriving in collaboration.
Work from anywhere (Remote first)
Flexible working hours
Flexible vacation policy