Regan Network is looking to hire a Developer Relations Engineer to join the team. This is a full-time position that is 100% remote.
Are you an experienced engineer in the blockchain space looking for a new challenge? One where you can play a key role in making cutting edge decentralized technologies accessible to a wider audience and simultaneously making a positive impact in the world? Want the freedom to work remotely or with teammates at a regional hub?
As one of the leading projects in the Cosmos ecosystem, Regen Network is one of the principle maintainers of the Cosmos SDK. In this role, you will be joining a small and agile team working directly on the Cosmos SDK.
Your specific responsibilities will include writing technical documentation and managing relationships with application developers, partners, and end-users of the Cosmos SDK. Cosmos aims to have a thriving and welcoming developer community, and it will be your responsibility to design educational materials, write bootstrapping templates, and deliver other high impact projects that make Cosmos a world-class blockchain ecosystem that is easy to understand and digest for the next wave of developers entering the blockchain industry.
Where you need technical support from our engineering team, we’re happy to lend a hand, as internally we encourage an atmosphere where we all teach and support each other as we strive for robust and solid systems.
Examples of projects that you may get to work on:
- Writing blog posts illustrating high impact features being introduced in new versions of the Cosmos SDK
- Design user interviews and user research initiatives to help inform our API design and improve developer experience
- Writing documentation and education materials for one of our larger projects, a new semi-custodial key & fee management solution for Cosmos SDK blockchains
Skills and Experience
- You’re a competent engineer in the blockchain space, with a knack for digging into the weeds and helping educate others who may get stuck
- You have experience writing technical documentation and managing docs and/or tutorials for technical projects
- Passion for emerging technologies with an eagerness to stay up to date with the latest developments in the Cosmos ecosystem
- You enjoy learning and digging into open source code, and contributing / engaging on github on the regular
- You can organize yourself well, and can work in an agile manner
- Good written communication in English is essential
- Previous experience working remotely is a plus
- We are currently looking for applicants in European or US time zones (where the tech team currently is located) to allow for good communication, and minimal scheduling issues.
Our engineering team is well-known and respected in the Cosmos ecosystem for our leadership in technical design and implementation. We are happy to train you in many aspects of the Cosmos ecosystem including code architecture and building backward-compatible systems for an immutable ledger without getting stuck in quicksand. We are currently implementing many major pieces for the above ecosystem, including flexible key management solutions, and non-destructive blockchain upgrades.
Outside of the development team, there are experts with decades of experience in sustainability and regenerative ecology who are more than happy to share insights with you and discuss paths to a positive future. We offer competitive salaries and a flexible work environment. We are aiming for a full-time contractor but open to part-time or even contractors if it is a good fit.
Not the perfect fit?