Aave is looking to hire an Engineering Manager to join the team. This is a full-time position that is located in London.
The Aave Companies are focused on innovation in Web3, and have cultivated a thriving, collaborative team environment. Valuing expertise and dedication, the Aave fam is welcoming, passionate, and eager to build great products. We celebrate differences and seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool...and we're hiring!
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to support and grow our engineering team. Focusing primarily on process development and people management, this role will help increase efficiency and productivity across the team, as well as promote career development of individual contributors.
Initially, this role will report to the VP of Engineering
- Ensure the engineering team is able to efficiently ship and develop high quality projects at scale.
- Manage and coordinate individual contributors across the engineering team.
- Identify friction points and implement solutions to improve potential bottlenecks in the engineering process.
- Build strong relationships with Product, Design, and other functions; partner with various teams to deliver value to users.
- Work closely with leadership and executives to share progress across projects.
- Mentor and onboard new engineers onto the team.
- Proven experience as an Engineering Manager
- 3+ years of experience as a manager for at least one mid-sized engineering team (including frontend, backend, QA, etc.)
- Able to make informed decisions that require a quick turnaround
- Strong interest in DeFi and Web3; experience in the field is a plus.
- Able to quickly understand and synthesize complex and nuanced technical information into big-picture, actionable insights.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- Flexible remote working or office based in Central London (W11) with GMT-PST time zone preferred for coordination purposes
- Gym membership and daily lunch delivery perk if office based (based on eligibility)
- Strong healthcare benefits
- 25 days of paid holiday
- Front-row seat in the development of a new Web3 future and new job category
- Innovation-driven work environment