Aptos is looking to hire a Executive Assistant & Office Manager to join the team. This is a full-time position that is 100% remote.
Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for "The People") encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
About The Role
We are searching for a proactive and detail-oriented Executive Assistant and Office Manager to serve as a trusted business partner to our cofounders (CEO and CTO) and help maintain our office operations. You will be responsible for streamlining and prioritizing the cofounders' time to ensure the smooth execution of business goals and making sure that our office is running smoothly. Our ideal candidate is a high EQ, highly organized individual with strong communication and customer service skills.
What you'll be doing:
- Providing top-notch support and service to our cofounders
- Assist management team in scheduling meetings and coordinating travel as needed
- Coordinate weekly lunch events
- Coordinate, assist, and execute large company events such as Aptos summer events and holiday parties
- Improve the employee experience, focusing on a highly functional office environment (coordinating vendors to purchase or repair office equipment, general office maintenance, resupplying office supplies, stocking the kitchen and snack bar)
- Coordinating and overseeing complex domestic and international travel arrangements, including all necessary documentation
- Planning and coordinating onsite and offsite events for the leadership team and assisting with events management
- Completing expense reports for the CEO and managing company documents and contracts as needed
- Liaising with internal executives & teams, as well as external business contacts (including investors and board members) to establish seamless communication
- Providing full support to our team: managing company and personal details while maintaining full discretion and confidentiality
What we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of experience supporting C-suite executives; ideally 1-2 years in a VC-backed technology company or venture fund
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast paced environment with quickly-changing priorities
- Demonstrated experience with calendar management, travel arrangements, and event coordination
- Excellent communication skills; professional and concise, both in writing and spoken exchanges with quick turnaround times
- A strong sense of urgency and a passion for getting results (we move fast around here!)
- A ‘can do’ attitude & fearless mindset to take on no task too large or small
- Commitment to confidentiality and adept at handling sensitive information
- Strong problem-solving and inter/intrapersonal skills
While our HQ is currently in Palo Alto, California, we support a 100% remote work culture and we are hiring across the world. We raised our first round of funding from some of the top firms led by a16z and Multicoin. In addition to our remote-friendly work culture, we offer the following to all Aptos employees:
- Health insurance coverage
- Equipment of your choice
- Unlimited Vacation time
- Competitive Salary
- Equity (i.e. RSUs)
- Protocol Token Grants
Not the perfect fit?