Rook (formerly KeeperDAO) is looking for an Executive Assistant to help the Leadership Team function at their highest potential
Your role will help Rook expand our organizational reach in Web3, and brings an invaluable human component. You’re a troubleshooter, diplomat, amateur psychologist, human database, and administrative ambassador, and you'll be rewarded as such. This is a Full-Time Position (FTE).
When we search for talent, we look for someone who will feel successful and valued in our culture. We strive to foster a diverse environment and support forward-thinking approaches across the board. If you have high EQ, passion for technical innovation, and talent for growing positive peer relationships, while maintaining autonomy in your tasks within an organization that sets you apart, we want to champion you.
This job is what you make of it, and an incredible Executive Assistant can be a very powerful person in any room. You'll work for a team of experienced executives that will be very appreciative of the value that you bring, including all the fires you'll be putting out without them ever becoming aware of it. Your stellar time management skills, attention to detail, and ability to identify and act upon urgent tasks independently will be your tools for success in this role.
☝ Please note that this position will require working normal business hours on EST
What you’ll do
- Maintain and manage calendars
- Coordinate all aspects of executive level manager appointments, meetings, and calls
- Create meeting agendas and take meeting minutes for community calls
- Communicate sincerely and professionally with internal and external partners on behalf of executive leadership
- Help with various operational tasks, as assigned
- Arrange travel, accommodations, and logistics
- Assist in planning of professional events, off-sites, and conferences
- Manage, sort, and collate incoming messages from email and other messaging services
Who you are
- We are looking for people with high agency
- Working at Rook Labs requires you to be a professional
- Interest in Web3 is a must
- Team players only: We build things together. Egos are left at the door
- A High EQ
- A solid understanding of (decentralized) finance and blockchains
- Experience working in small (5-10) creative teams
- 2-5 years of experience in a high-level administrative role, start-up and/or environment preferred
- High proficiency with Discord, GSuite, and Notion
- Proactive problem-solver with impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to work efficiently with little direction
- Ability to work core business hours parallel with our executive team
- Poise under pressure, and ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication with the ability to interface with co-contributors and external entities within a high tech space.
- Proven ability to anticipate executive needs and think ten steps ahead
- Effective content switcher
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with an optimistic approach to work and life
- High level of professional integrity and confidentiality
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive compensation: We will offer you highly competitive compensation, beating the largest technology companies and financial institutions on the planet.
- Unlimited upside: You will receive a grant of ROOK based on today’s price, good for the next 3 years. This gives you unlimited upside while your work benefits Rook Labs.
- No complicated vesting: ****The grant vests linearly and has only a 3-month “ramp up” period. The period may be waived for highly-qualified candidates.
- Financial security: Because of our healthy, liquid treasury we won’t run out of money to pay you for the duration of your 3-year grant.
- Equal pay for equal work: We don’t adapt compensation according to where you live. All incentives are set to reference amounts for the San Francisco Bay area, which are typically the highest in the world.
- Work smarter, not harder: We let you work flexible hours - so you can design your ideal workday schedule - and take the time you need when you feel you need to take a break.
- Compensate for lack of benefits: Rook Labs will account for the cost of missing benefits such as health insurance, 401(k) matching, vacation time, and the need to cover work-related expenses.
- Work remotely: Live and work wherever you like.
- Make a dent: We’re reimagining finance, and your work can make a meaningful impact in helping us shape a better, more open, inclusive and fairer financial system.