KeeperDAO is looking to hire a remote Governance Secretary. This is a contract basis position that is 100% remote.
Compensation: 10 ROOK per Week (but dependent on time involvement, can be more or less)
We are looking for a Governance Secretary to help us build a lightweight, orderly, standardized, and beautifully documented governance process. Making governance transparent and accessible while maintaining standards is very hard, but it’s very important, and you will be rewarded as such. This will start of as a 8-week Grant, with the aim to then transition into a Part-Time Position (PTE) or perhaps even a Full-Time Position (FTE).
To be considered for this role, governance should be your thing. We’re looking for someone who is interested in cultivating the most beautiful, transparent, accessible DAO governance record there is. This job shouldn’t be viewed as a stepping stone, we want you to love governance through and through.
- Develop standards and templates for how KIPs are laid out and what information they contain
- Assist individuals and protocols with drafting KIPs
- Build and maintain an editorial pipeline from draft through to completed vote
- Maintain the records and repositories of KIPs
- Update metadata and shepherd KIPs through various stages of their lifecycle
- Give design input to improve the overall governance lifecycle process
- Moderate the gov forum (edit posts, move between categories, announce last calls, encourage discussion)
- Moderate the Github (copy KIPs back and forth, edit them, merge them)
- Moderate the Snapshot (copy KIPs, launch votes, set timing)
- Announce votes and reviews on Discord
- Ensure Sophons are convened and relay their feedback etc.
- We are looking for people with high agency
- Working at KeeperDAO requires you to be a professional
- Interest in Web3 is a must
- Team players only: We build things together. Egos are left at the door
- A High EQ
- Must be able to read and write English at a high level
- A solid understanding of (decentralized) finance and blockchains
- Experience working in small (5-10) creative teams
- Knowledge of common DAO governance models, or works of similar standards bodies, will be helpful
- Familiarity with Markdown and Github
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive compensation: We will offer you highly competitive compensation, beating the largest technology companies and financial institutions on the planet.
- Equal pay for equal work: We don’t adapt compensation according to where you live. All compensation is set to reference amounts for the San Francisco Bay area, which are typically the highest in the world.
- Work smarter, not harder: We let you work flexible hours - so you can design your ideal workday schedule - and take the time you need when you feel you need to take a break.
- Work remotely: Live and work wherever you like.
- Make a dent: We’re reimagining finance, and your work can make a meaningful impact in helping us shape a better, more open, inclusive and fairer financial system.
Working at KeeperDAO
Working at KeeperDAO gives you the ability to work on what you want to work on and make meaningful change.
We are a relatively young, committed, and globally distributed team consisting of some of the brightest minds in the industry (some of which used to work at companies like Google and NASA before joining us). We celebrate diversity of opinions and encourage healthy debate.
We pride ourselves on having a friendly, diverse, inclusive, and understanding work environment. Our DAO is a space for you to work, learn and innovate, and have a great time doing so. At KeeperDAO, you can bring your 'whole self' to work. There's no need for masks, no middle managers to please, no office politics, no hierarchical rat race. Our team members have a diverse set of interests, experiences, and cultural backgrounds, and we encourage you to share yours with us.
We're working towards becoming a Teal organization. We operate with natural hierarchies, meaning that if you have the expertise you'll be fully powerful, and as such you'll be consulted for all matters engineering. We operate with self-managing teams: meaning, no middle managers to veto your brilliant ideas. (For more, see the book: Reinventing Organizations, by Frederic Laloux)