The Head of Capital Markets will report directly to the Chief Investment Officer (NY based), and be principally responsible for devising, and executing a Capital Markets strategy in service of reaching $1BN in loans outstanding. We’ll rely on you to define the overall strategy, tactics, and goals, to take this function from 0 to 1 working cross-functionally between Executive Leadership, IR, Credit, Product, and Engineering teams.
Founded by two ex-Coinbase employees and backed by top investors including Andreesen Horowitz, Coinbase, IDEO, and Kindred Ventures, Goldfinch is a decentralized credit platform that is using crypto to empower financial inclusion around the world.
Our vision is to connect the world’s capital to the world’s growth by building a global cashflow marketplace, enabling anyone to bring their earning potential on-chain and access funding from anyone in the world. Since announcing the protocol in January 2021, Goldfinch has issued over $120M of loans to wholesale lenders who have in turn helped Goldfinch reach +2M end-borrowers with zero losses. Goldfinch has scaled to four continents, covering +20 different countries, and we’re just getting started.
What you’ll be doing (i.e. job duties):
- Define the Capital Markets strategy to scale Goldfinch from +$100M to $1BN in loans outstanding, inclusive of the 100-day plan, and an ongoing roadmap that adapts to the ever-changing macroeconomic climate
- Develop and execute tactics to achieve the strategy, including defining milestones, tracking metrics for milestones, creating investor materials, and using in-person or digital strategies to connect with prospects
- Provide regular updates to Executive Leadership and the wider team on the progress of the Capital Markets function, inclusive of providing summarized insights from key stakeholders in the financial industry
- Work cross-functionally with Credit, Investor Relations, Legal, Product, and Engineering teams to ensure alignment and support for the Capital Markets strategy
- Contribute to being a thought leader, either leading or assisting in the creation of content in service of the overall strategic goal (e.g. written pieces, podcasts, in-person events)
What we look for in you (i.e. job requirements):
- Excitement in the Goldfinch mission and application of blockchain technology to reform global private credit markets
- 7+ years in an alternatives asset capital raising capacity, ideally in private credit and/or digital assets working with, but not limited to any combination of, US RIA’s, single-family offices, multi-family offices, UHNWI, or alternative asset managers
- Requisite licenses and/or certifications required in the relevant jurisdiction(s) you plan on targeting
- A deep rolodex of qualified prospects you can leverage as part of your 100 day plan
- Led or was a significant contributor to multiple end-to-end deals and/or fund capital raise processes, from defining the initial strategy, through to managing the final closing process
- Experience in private credit markets including but not limited to, leveraged finance, venture debt, structured credit, or asset-backed financing structures
- Ability to generate buy-in and drive consensus across teams, bring clarity and structure to ambiguous opportunities, and consistently demonstrate initiative and execute with limited oversight
- Great attention to detail, coupled with the ability to see the bigger picture, prioritize competing needs, and provide extreme clarity
- Proven communication, leadership, organizational, and execution skills
- Inclusive leader, open to feedback, transparent with others, and have a team-first mentality
Nice to haves:
- Deep experience in digital assets, specifically Defi
- A proactive culture carrier mentality
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA). Series 7, 63, 79 or 24 NASD certification
- All roles include meaningful equity and tokens
- Healthcare, dental, vision
- Occasional free lunch
- Maternal / Paternal leave
- Salary Range: 150 - 220k +
- 401k retirement savings plan
We aim to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds - not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. People from all across the globe and all walks of life participate in our protocol, and we'd like our team to reflect that. If you share our interest in DeFi and our passion for promoting financial inclusion, we'd love to have you on the team.