Yield Guild Games is looking to hire a remote Head of Content & Curriculum to join the team. This is a full-time position that is 100% remote.
Yield Guild Games is a decentralized gaming guild that pools funds to purchase yield-generating NFTs, and leverages players' time and effort to optimize community-owned assets for maximum utility and return.
By merging NFTs and decentralized finance (DeFi), YGG’s creates value for its partners and community by developing the content and economy of virtual worlds and blockchain-based games. The organization’s mission is to create the biggest virtual world economy.
YGG believes that NFTs and cryptocurrencies are providing transformative economic opportunities for people young and old in developing nations where jobs are lacking and crisis relief has been limited. Notable investors in YGG include Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), Delphi Digital, BITKRAFT Ventures, Animoca Brands, Scalar Capital, and Fabric Ventures.
As one of the hottest start-ups in web3 in 2021, YGG is rapidly growing and we are looking for a Head of Content and Curriculum. You’ll report to the Head of Developer Relations to help build the strongest community of builders and creatives across web3 and gaming.
As a Head of Content and Curriculum your core responsibility will be to build educational content and programs in a variety of formats that help inspire and evangelize Play-to-Earn (P2E) gaming and other forms of web3 gaming to the greater games development community. Working alongside the Developer Relations, Ecoystem and Community teams, you will be the de facto Editor-in-Chief of YGG building a trusted, go-to destination about how the future of the web3 games ecosystem is unfolding, both as distinct curriculum for P2E and blockchain games development and from the perspective of those shaping it. You will manage a team of content editors and creators that will work closely with subject matter experts globally and help them create the material that will be the most valuable to the games ecosystem and to support YGG’s mission. We will collaborate with thinkers, builders, and execs, and other experts across the web3 and games industry in our endeavor. The content will come in the form of many initial programs and formats and will scale according to success. This platform will also serve as an initial entry point to YGG’s services and technology to help developers their footing and on a path to building and bringing to market amazing new game experiences.
- Manage a team of editorial producers and writers responsible for video and audio broadcast production and accompanying written content for YGG’s original content portfolio across both the developer and the player communities.
- Create a content roadmap and editorial calendar across owned and operated media and social and evolve that plan based on data.
- Manage a global creative production team and partner with the YGG Developer Ecosystem and Marketing team to extend YGG’s visual identity to the content, feel and tone of content and editorial programs
- Build a diverse roster of talent to execute on the content plan on all ends of production and distribution.
- Partner with the Developer Ecosystem, Marketing, and Community team to develop a strategy for the distribution of content.
- Work with the Developer Ecosystem, Marketing, and Community teams to develop imaginative new programs and formats that integrate the web3 ecosystems and storytelling in new ways
- Use data and research to identify content opportunities that meet and exceed goals related to player and developer retention, engagement and acquisition.
- Build relationships with important external partners via the Develop Ecosystem and Investment teams such as game publishers, brands, production partners, and other 3rd parties.
- Develop scaled global practices.
- Be an essential part of the management team leading YGG!
You’re a good fit if you’ve got
- 8 years of experience at a senior level managing a team of producers and writers
- Experience with building and launching content properties that serve a large and heavily engaged constituency
- Demonstrated ability in delivering creative feedback at every stage of the production process: pitch, concept, development, pre-production and active production
- Superb skills to cultivate strong working relationships, communicate effectively, write meticulously
- An established ability to produce story ideas, develop educational materials that are fun and informative, managing from concept to execution
- Experience and familiarity with production budgets and programming scheduling
- An experimental mind set open to thinking beyond traditional formats and existing models in media and writing
- Demonstrated leadership experience that enables you to organize and lead projects, overcome challenges, and propose solutions
- A passion for gaming is a big plus!
- The freedom to build something amazing.
- Remote working is actively supported.
- Competitive salary and upside.
- Flexible working hours and family-friendly considerations.
Not the perfect fit?