0x is looking to hire a Head of Data to join the team. This is a full-time position that is remote or in San Francisco.
At 0x Labs, our mission is to create a tokenized world where all value can flow freely. We're a highly technical globally distributed group of teams working together toward actualizing that mission. In doing so, we're excited and proud to be pushing the envelope across the DeFi and Ethereum stacks.
In joining us, you'll take part in transforming the way that value is exchanged on a global scale. We're passionate about open-source software and decentralized technology's potential to act as an equalizing force in the world, and our technology is deployed by a wide array of projects at the forefront of internet and economic advancement.
Founded in 2017, 0x Labs created and now partakes in the development of 0x protocol: a network comprised of open-source infrastructure, tooling, and cryptocurrency-based incentives that allow for the decentralized exchange of any blockchain-based digital asset. 0x is a secure, publicly owned and governed, and upgradable standard that’s abstracted away from application-layer developers and enables interoperability between blockchain-based applications.
We’re a remote-first company with core contributors in nearly ten countries and over twice as many cities. Our headquarters is in San Francisco, with an office available for anyone on the team to use at any time. We’ll consider your application regardless of where you call home.
In this role, you will be leading and growing 0x Labs’ data team, currently composed of 5-10 high-performing data professionals. The Data team is responsible for building world-class platforms and insights that enable our teams (engineers, product managers, executives, designers, researchers) to harness the full power of data. The team covers all aspects of the data lifecycle, from Data Engineering (collection, processing, storing) to Research and Product Analytics, including taking care of the entire presentation layer (dashboards and data APIs).
Data is fundamental to most product development at 0x Labs whether it is to maximize the performance of our DEX products, or for monitoring teams’ topline metrics, or to allow self-serve analytics & data-driven decisions from the tactical to the most strategic level. The Data APIs power applications such as 0xTracker.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a strong people manager skilled at coaching and guiding your direct reports through their career development. You are a veritable advocate to your directs’ careers and growth, and are agile in finding ways to marry that with your company’s goals.
You have a strong background and experience in building data platforms and are comfortable participating in technical discussions. You seek diverse perspectives to drive bottom-up innovation and create buy-in from all technical stakeholders inside and outside the team.
You have a passion for taking a customer-driven approach to building high-quality solutions for your partners and customers. You take pride in owning & maintaining what your team builds.
You believe in building both teams and products that scale. You care about setting up healthy distributed teams and collaborative environments.
We operate in a nascent, rapidly evolving industry. The projects you'll end up leading sometimes demand knowledge of early, niche, and/or experimental tech, and in many cases, demand that we create such tech ourselves. You get excited by such challenges.
- Support a team of 5-10 high-performing ICs across different data functions (Data Scientists, Product Analytics, BI, Data Engineers)
- Mentor the professional development of direct reports, managers and senior ICs, through personal and performance management
- Ensure the team output reflects our Company Values: consistently ship, focus on the long term and do the right thing. Ensure smooth execution, and be the trusted tie breaker.
- Build strong relationships with the rest of the teams & actively understand & partner with them. Enroll team leaders into co-developing/adopting our solutions to meet their needs.
- Work with leadership to define 0x Labs’ data vision and strategy and to integrate it into the overall company strategy.
- Communicate expectations, feedback and context to team members, partners and stakeholders early and often, succinctly and with empathy.
- Build diverse and distributed teams and collaborative environments.
- At least 2 years of experience managing a team of Data Engineers, Data Scientists, or Analysts
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to tailor messaging to a wide variety of audiences at differing levels of technical sophistication
- Passion for the benefits of decentralization and the 0x mission
- The ability to learn and adapt to a rapidly evolving tech stack
- Exhibit our core values: do the right thing, consistently ship, and focus on long-term impact
- Experience with Apache Kafka or other data queuing systems
- Technical or software engineering background
- Enthusiasm for and knowledge about 0x and other blockchain technologies
- SQL and data crunching skills
- Competitive salary and equity with occasional cryptocurrency-based perks
- Comprehensive insurance (medical/dental/vision/life/disability) — 100% covered for you and dependents
- 401k, HSA, and FSA
- Monthly mobile phone bill, wellness, and pre-tax transportation expense
- Covered mental health benefits (included professional therapy sessions)
- Flexible hours, liberal work-from-home policy, and a supportive remote environment
- Lunch delivered at home daily for SF residents
- Laptop, headphones, and any other work gear you may need
- 12-week paid parental leave
- Great office conveniently located in Soma/East Cut, SF
- Unlimited vacation: Take time when you need it (and we really mean it)
Not the perfect fit?