Rook Labs is looking for a Head of Growth to join the team.
About Rook Labs
The purpose of Rook is to make value exchange as beneficial as possible for users and protocols. We believe that the value created by a transaction - the maximum possible amount of value created as a result of that transaction - belongs to those that own the assets: the buyer and the seller.
That’s why we have built the Rook protocol: An open, equitable, and distributed MEV marketplace that captures and hands back the value to those who have the right to it.
This marketplace provides the fundamental architecture to allow DeFi to fulfill its promise of building a financial infrastructure that can outcompete TradFi, while maintaining the fair, inclusive, and user-centric ethos of DeFi.
About the Role
We are looking for a Head of Growth to establish our suite of protocols and products as key infrastructural components in Decentralized Finance (DeFi).
If you are an exceptional contributor with an exemplary reputation and high ambitions, this is a unique opportunity for you to advance your career, achieve financial independency, and bring forth meaningful financial innovation into the world. This can be a career defining position.
As our new Head of Growth you can step in and take command of growth at a project that is set up and primed for expansion. We have a working suite of innovative protocols and products that are ready for growth.
How innovative? As an example, with us you can trade stablecoins (e.g. USDC) and get paid to do so. For instance, you can swap $1,000 and get $1,010. Not through inflationary tokenomics or sleight of hand, but through money made from your transaction. Think Citadel Securities, except the user receives virtually all of the value that was created as a result of their transaction. This radically efficient, positive sum value exchange technology has the potential to transform all of finance for the better. And it needs an expert Head of Growth to help grow it. And that’s where you come in.
From day one, at your disposal there’ll be a team of highly talented contributors working on marketing, creative, branding, sales and community management, to orchestrate as you see fit. You’ll also interact directly with our CEO, CTO and Head of product, some of the most brilliant people in Web3.
This is a challenging, high-impact, full-time role with highly competitive compensation.
What you’ll achieve
- Establish our protocols and products as cornerstone DeFi infrastructure
- Help implement a culture of product-led growth throughout the organization
- Take ownership for improving the entire customer and client lifecycle for our suite of products and protocols
- Build systems for repeatable growth for our ecosystem
- Make sure Rook is top-of-mind when it comes to all things MEV
What you’ll bring
- We exclusively hire contributors who firmly meet our criteria of eligibility
- A track record of excellence and a sterling reputation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. You should be able to concisely and convincingly express your ideas both in writing and through speech.
- Interest in Web3 is a must
- Demonstrable expertise in growing a software B2B and B2C growth is required
- Experience in fintech preferred, but not required. We can teach you finance, but we can’t teach you how to be a Head of Growth.
- Experience in web3 is not required
- You should be a hands-on leader, not a people manager. For where our organization is right now, we don’t (yet) need an executive, but a doer that possesses a high degree of ownership, responsibility and entrepreneurial spirit. We need equal parts strategizing and leadership as we need hustle and elbow grease.
- Convincingly communicate data-driven (both quantitative and qualitative) protocol and product user and prospect needs to the product and protocol teams.
- Evangelize a culture of speed and experimentation for all our growth efforts.
- Strategy: Build and communicate a comprehensive growth marketing plan across the organization
- Research: Analyze our current acquisition and retention strategies, research competitors and talk to our customers and users to help inform your strategy.
- Acquisition: Be responsible for developing profitable customer acquisition channels
- Conversion: Own and improve how we convert our prospects into customers. Working closely with sales and the Product Team, you'll identify, test and roll out product and protocol improvements
- Retention: Ensure our customers get to their 'AHA' moment quicker, churn is kept low and LTV is increased.
- Stakeholder Management: Since we’re a multisided platform, you’ll work with a variety of stakeholders across our ecosystem and make sure plans and projects are communicated accordingly.
- Given the need to talk to users and (prospective) partnerships, this is not an anon-friendly role. To gain the trust of people, it helps to show your face.
Benefits & Perks
- Work with the best and learn from the best: Working at Rook Labs means you work exclusively with highly talented and highly professional individuals. There’s no room for adequacy, because few things are more cumbersome to you doing your best work than having to fix the mistakes of colleagues.
- Remote: We’re a remote team that’s distributed over US and European time zones. We also get together a few times per year, at major web3 conferences or our annual offsite.
- Work, how you want it: We let you work flexible hours so you can design your ideal workday schedule. And with our unlimited PTO policy, you decide on your vacation schedule, and take time off when you need it. No monitoring via timeclock. No cameras pointed at you. No pressure sensors in your chairs.
- Guided Autonomy: Contributors at Rook are trusted and respected to do their best work without micro-management. We believe in people over process, and provide context instead of rules. This allows contributors very high levels of autonomy and candor, leading to a workplace of fervent collaboration and innovation.
- The best workplace in Web3: We’re committed to building the best possible workplace in all of web3. To accomplish that, we’ve assembled a team of operational experts to accomplish just that.
- Stellar compensation: We believe that our contributors are our key to success. Therefore, we offer exceptional terms and higher total compensation than big tech and traditional finance, with in-built mechanisms to expose you to the future success of our protocol.
- Make a dent: We’re reimagining finance, and your work can make a meaningful impact in helping us shape a better, more open, inclusive and fairer financial system.
- A growth person’s dream environment: A great, innovative, useful and working product suite, ready to be marketed by you, with the resources you need to get it done at your disposal. And our products have true, sustainable network effects: they get more efficient and more performant the more they’re used.
- Financial security: We’ve got a well-stocked treasury with >5 years of runway at our current burn rate