Yield Guild Games is looking to hire a remote Head of People Ops to join the team. This is a full-time position that is 100% remote.
Yield Guild Games is a decentralized gaming guild that pools funds to purchase yield-generating NFTs, and leverages players' time and effort to optimize community-owned assets for maximum utility and return.
By merging NFTs and decentralized finance (DeFi), YGG’s creates value for its partners and community by developing the content and economy of virtual worlds and blockchain-based games. The organization’s mission is to create the biggest virtual world economy.
YGG believes that NFTs and cryptocurrencies are providing transformative economic opportunities for people young and old in developing nations where jobs are lacking and crisis relief has been limited. Notable investors in YGG include Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), Delphi Digital, BITKRAFT Ventures, Animoca Brands, Scalar Capital, and Fabric Ventures.
As one of the hottest start-ups in web3 in 2021, YGG is rapidly growing and we are looking for a Head of People Ops (Human Resources). You’ll report to the Global Chief Operating Officer to help build the strongest team in the crypto industry.
What You Will Do?
As Head of People Ops, you provide support to manage anything related to human resources management, including but not limited to:
- Establish the People Ops team within YGG to our organization growth - shaping and implementing People and Talent strategies, performance review and leadership coaching, talent and succession management, compensation review, organization design and strategic workforce planning, change and transition management, employee relations and employee development
- Work with founders and senior management to design employee incentive schemes
- Manage the hiring and talent acquisition process within YGG
- Maintain the YGG internal talent database and manage the end-to-end payroll process for our employees in a fast-growing organization with multi-country, international operations
- Develop a strategy and support framework within YGG to best support our teams with acquiring talents
Who Are You?
- Passionate about the crypto sector and DAOs
- Multi-year working experience in relevant core functions including HR, talent acquisition and payroll and incentive plans
- Proven ability to identify key hires, develop culture, and build organizational structures, preferably in rapidly growing organizations
- Exceptional networking skills – with a solid international Rolodex already in place and a proven passion to develop new, highly relevant relationships
- Strong experience in planning and execution; being able to manage multiple projects at one time
- Candid and clear communications, with strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- An energetic, outgoing, and authentic personality
- Proven track record of interacting with and advising executive and senior management level positions in organizations
- Work experiences in similar stage start-ups and understanding of VC landscape is an advantage
- Team-oriented attitude and familiarity and passion for working in distributed teams and in remote working environments
What’s in it for you
- Remote working is actively supported
- Competitive salary and upside
- Flexible working hours and family-friendly considerations
Not the perfect fit?