Rook Labs is looking for a Head of Research to join the team.
About Rook Labs
The purpose of Rook is to make value exchange as beneficial as possible for users and protocols. We believe that the value created by a transaction - the maximum possible amount of value created as a result of that transaction - belongs to those that own the assets: the buyer and the seller.
That’s why we have built the Rook protocol: An open, equitable, and distributed MEV marketplace that captures and hands back the value to those who have the right to it.
This marketplace provides the fundamental architecture to allow DeFi to fulfill its promise of building a financial infrastructure that can outcompete TradFi, while maintaining the fair, inclusive, and user-centric ethos of DeFi.
About the Role
We’re looking for an exceptional contributor with an exemplary reputation for high-quality and practical research content to become our Head of Research. This is a new position for a new team, meaning that you’ll get the chance to build out a research team from the ground up. If you have ambitions to lead a research team on the cutting edge of decentralized finance, this is your dream role.
Our ideal candidate loves DeFi, MEV and financial markets. You will lead a small team that will be mostly focused in directed research on market design in decentralized systems, both open-ended and geared towards improving Rook Labs’ products. In this role, you will be working closely with all engineering teams.
This is a challenging and high-impact role with highly competitive compensation. This is a full-time role.
What you’ll achieve
- Lead a research team that performs independent research on decentralized market design
- Produce impactful research to help develop the Rook protocol and its product suite.
- Effectively communicate research outcomes internally and externally
- Coordinate with outsourced research teams to further the organization’s goals and interests
What you’ll bring
- We exclusively hire contributors who firmly meet our criteria of eligibility LINK
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in Web3 is a must
- Proven ability to deliver high-quality and practical research content to work on market design in decentralized systems
- Algorithmic trading experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in traditional finance setting preferred
- Experience coordinating other researchers