MakerDAO is looking to hire a remote Lending Analyst to join the team. This is a full-time position that is 100% remote.
We have the ambition of enforcing MakerDAO’s role as the central pillar of the DeFi monetary ecosystem. We want to do it by supporting the onboarding of complex assets and ensuring the alignment of those activities with a sustainable and decentralized risk framework. In order to achieve this, a Lending Oversight (LOVE) team is currently being incubated by MakerDAO’s SES CU, with the intention of becoming a fully-integrated Core Unit over the next few months.
We are looking for the first Lending Analyst to join the team. The successful candidate would have relevant experience in commercial or investment banking and a strong passion for DeFi and learn about the impact of Blockchain in our economy.
A future Lending Oversight CU would act as a source of institutionalization and professionalization for all lending practices across the DAO, acting as an extra line of defense for the onboarding and monitoring of all lending relationships. A Junior Officer would support the Facilitator across all activities, including the onboarding and assessment of financing counterparties, oversight of all communication channels, and preparation of all required internal and external documentation.
- You are deeply passionate about finance and the possibility to innovate legacy models through technology.
- You are fascinated by the potential of Blockchain tech for financial services.
- You are familiar with credit markets, and the analysis and decisions required when an institutional borrower provides financing.
- You are used to fast-growing environments, entrepreneurial, and collaborative. We are reinventing the financial system, all together, and everyone’s contribution counts.
- You are oriented to detail and independent. This is a full-time remote position, a successful candidate loves independence and operates with a goal-oriented mentality.
What You’ll Need
- A degree in finance/ economics/ mathematics and 1 to 3 years of experience in either commercial banking (ideally SME or corporate lending front office, credit risk management, internal audit), investment banking (lending origination, structuring, syndication), alternative lending (fintech originating platforms, credit risk modeling, lending platform building), or management consulting (with a strong focus on financial services).
- Project management and communication skills are key, as well as a keen interest in process design and work organization.
- Experience working remotely with global teams through platforms like Discord or Forums is a plus, but not a constraint for fast learners.
- General knowledge of crypto, blockchain tech, and the DeFi ecosystem is a necessity, as it demonstrates a genuine passion for the space.
This role is full-time / full-remote. Geographical flexibility but strong preference for a (EST<>CET) time zone.
Support the Lending Oversight Facilitator in all activities, including education and onboarding of external counterparties, support to the RWF CUs in the origination and analytical activities, communication with all other stakeholders (e.g. delegates, other CUs, community members), and preparation of all the documentation materials.
Oversee the community communication channels (i.e. Maker Forum, Maker Governance, Discord) and maintain engagement of the most relevant stakeholders (delegates, large token holders, counterparties, other CUs, etc.).
Support the Facilitator in preparing all the required internal (evaluation dashboards, education materials, etc.) and external (independent risk reviews to counterparties, opinion pieces, education materials, etc.) documentation.
Grow within the role to one day potentially lead the Lending Oversight CU, or spin-off another LOVE in the spirit of decentralization - as soon as volumes and flows will justify it.
- Competitive fixed annual compensation.
- Attractive MKR incentives (learn more about MKR and MKR Compensation Plan).
- Maximum exposure within the DeFi community by working on the onboarding of sophisticated and institutional use-cases into next-gen financial services.