Aptos is looking to hire an Office Manager to join the team.
Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for "The People") encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
About The Role
We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Office Manager to oversee the day-to-day operations of our Palo Alto office. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and supervising administrative staff, coordinating office operations and procedures, and ensuring that the office runs smoothly and efficiently.
What you'll be doing:
- Oversee daily administrative duties in the office
- Manage the office budget and ensure that expenses are within the budget
- Greet and provide onsite support to all office visitors
- Receive and sort incoming mail and support with any outgoing mail
- Identify and develop new office policies/procedures and ensure they are implemented efficiently
- Ensure that all office equipment is properly maintained and serviced, and order supplies as needed
- Support with maintaining the office organized
- Manage office vendors and act as point of contact by providing on-site support as needed
- Develop and implement office policies and procedures to ensure efficient and effective office operations
- Support with pre-event planning by ensuring the team has everything they need (ordering supplies and snacks, and scheduling facilities, etc)
- Support the Lead Executive Assistant with organizing company events and offsites by sourcing a venue, booking transportation, obtaining room blocks, and getting catering set up
- Providing on-site support for the day of the event by ensuring everything runs smoothly
- Provide on-site support for new hires on their first day
- Support the People Ops team with onboarding new employees cohorts, provision security badges and provide access to our office-related platforms
- Collaborate with the Lead Executive Assistant and People Ops team in developing a smooth and automated onboarding process to help company scale
What we’re looking for:
- Proven experience as an office manager or similar administrative role.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Google Suite, Envoy (or equivalent), and able to use tech as a tool to scale impact.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically.
- Ability to work autonomously and take initiative.
- 100% insurance premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision for you and your dependents
- Equipment of your choice
- Flexible vacation time, 11 holidays, and floating company days off
- Competitive Salary
- Equity (RSUs)
- Protocol Token Grants
- 401k matching
- Fun and inclusive in-person and digital events
Not the perfect fit?