We are seeking an inspiring and entrepreneurial Operations Lead to join the dYdX Operations Trust as its first full-time hire. As the Operations Lead, you will build and manage a compact team dedicated to developing operational capabilities that support the dYdX DAO and expand the dYdX ecosystem, which includes builders, validators, front-end operators, and indexer operators. Leading this new team, you will recruit and oversee several technical talent, onboard and manage vendors, facilitate operational excellence for current and future subDAOs, and promote transparent decision-making. We invite you to bring your operations expertise, enthusiasm, and creativity to the table as you guide the dYdX Operations Trust through the rapidly growing dYdX ecosystem.
As the dYdX ecosystem nears the release of a fully decentralized and open-sourced version of the protocol - the Mainnet launch of dYdX V4, it is crucial for the dYdX community to actively engage in promoting the growth and expansion of the dYdX DAO. The dYdX DAO is expected to comprise several autonomous subDAOs, each focusing on core functional areas of the dYdX protocol and ultimately being accountable to the dYdX community. Encompassing all community programs and initiatives, the dYdX DAO aims to further the vision of complete decentralization.
The dYdX Operations Trust (“DOT”) emerged as the second subDAO, established through an on-chain proposal that passed on December 18th, 2022. After the on-chain proposal passed, the DOT was created as a Guernsey non-charitable Purpose Trust entity.
At the dYdX Operations Trust, you will have an opportunity to foster community-driven growth over decentralized technology that will redefine global financial markets. By joining at this early stage, you will play a vital role in making fundamental decisions that shape the trajectory of the dYdX ecosystem. In this crucial position, you will manage the day-to-day operations of the DOT, supervise strategic projects, and ensure task execution in alignment with the goals of the broader dYdX DAO. Your efforts will be key to fostering collaboration, operational efficiency, and exceptional performance throughout the ecosystem.
What You’ll be Doing
- You will manage the dYdX Operations Trust’s operations and workflows, including:
- Manage the accounting, payroll, and payment infrastructure
- Set up and manage all communication channels (including Discourse, Slack and/or Discord) for the dYdX DAO
- Create and execute a strategy to increase transparency of dYdX DAO communications and decision making
- Develop planning and forecasting tools for new and existing projects
- Oversee the ongoing tracking of financial and payment workflows
- Developing and operationalizing a budget and transparently publishing documentation to justify spending
- Assist with building and enabling a small team including a technical project lead and a site reliability engineer, to provide operational support to the dYdX DAO
- Support with treasury management strategies to mitigate risk
- Implement systems to source and onboard external vendors and contributors
- Iterate on the DAO playbook and design core operational processes for the dYdX DAO and help other subDAOs leverage best-practices for their internal processes
- Drive and facilitate decision making on project management and tooling for dYdX DAO operations
- Assist with hiring a small team responsible for User Support. This could include support on Intercom, Discord and others applicable
- Develop and nurture a strong working relationship with the third-party user support provider
- Act as the primary point of contact for the user support provider and establish effective lines of communication
- Develop and maintain performance metrics to track the efficiency and effectiveness of the DOT, providing regular progress reports to the community
- Build and implement operational processes that deliver scalable solutions
- Ensure that the DOT roadmap is publicly visible and actively communicated
- Identify an auditor for the dYdX DAO and serve as the primary point of contact and lead the relationship with the auditor
- Address auditor inquiries, concerns, and requests promptly and professionally
- Work closely with the auditor to ensure the organization's operations align with the prescribed standards and compliance obligations.
- Europe, Middle East, or Asia location
- Highly proficient in both written and spoken English
- Minimum 3-5 years experience working in an Operations, Finance, Consulting, or in a high-growth environment
- In- depth understanding of DAOs and previous experience being a DAO contributor
- Knowledge of crypto payment solutions and services
- Ability to engage with multiple stakeholders across complex and differing aspects of the DAO
- Basic knowledge of financial planning, accounting, and company operations
- A “get it done” attitude – bias toward action, great collaboration and master disambiguation – constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- Execution-oriented with the humility, drive, and scrappiness to get things done
- Communicate effectively and in a structured manner across all mediums
- Project management, time management, and ability to multitask