Goldfinch is looking to hire a remote People Operations Lead to join the team.
Founded by two ex-Coinbase employees and backed by top investors including Andreesen Horowitz, Coinbase, IDEO, and Kindred Ventures, Goldfinch is a decentralized credit platform that is using crypto to empower financial inclusion around the world.
Our vision is to build a global, decentralized network that allows anyone to be a lender, not just banks. Since announcing the protocol in January 2021, the loan book has doubled every 2 months. We now serve thousands of end-borrowers across three continents and over 10 different countries. And we're just getting started.
As the People Operations Lead, you will be setting up the people ops function at Goldfinch from scratch. The People Operations Lead will be responsible for managing and improving the full employee lifecycle from initial recruiting outreach to offboarding and everything in between. You should have the ability to operate at a detailed and a strategic level, defining scrappy solutions today that can scale into robust operations tomorrow. You should be a natural people leader who is excited to build an inclusive, high performing organization that has fun getting impactful work done.
This role is full time. All roles are remote within 3 timezones of the Bay Area. If you’re in the Bay, we’d love to see you for our twice-weekly encouraged “in-office days” at a local WeWork!
- Manage and continuously improve employee and contractor onboarding processes including contract management, setting up new systems credentials, equipment purchases, training etc.
- Manage payroll and contractor payments including diagnosing and fixing any issues on Gusto and other payment platforms.
- Build training programs for new and existing employees on various topics including debt capital markets, DeFi, security and sexual harassment.
- Work closely with the head of operations and founders to continuously improve org-wide goal setting and communications.
- Manage various state employment law and state tax compliance requirements across multiple US and international geographies.
- Create training materials and support the administration of equity and token compensation plans and payouts.
- Implement performance management programs and processes that scale with the team.
- Create and maintain leveling guidelines across all major functions within the organization.
- Manage the San Francisco office and support managing the New York office by organizing contracts, insurance, office equipment, snacks etc.
- Generate, socialize and improve various finance and HR policies and procedures across the organization e.g. expense policies.
- Manage visa processing and work authorization for employees who do not have US citizenship.
- Organize team events from new employee welcome dinners to international team retreats.
- Manage employee benefits programs and propose new benefits as needed to make Warbler a great place to work.
- Be a cultural leader within the organization; try to find ways to celebrate employees and reinforce the values of the organization in genuine ways.
- 3+ years experience working on many aspects of people operations, recruiting and/or office management in a startup environment
- Passionate about the Goldfinch mission!
- Excellent attention to detail
- High emotional intelligence
- Cross-functional experience working with internal and external stakeholders to execute projects
- Outstanding written communication skills
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and find solutions to any and all problems
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance covered 99%+
- Competitive equity compensation & governance token incentives
- Subsidies for laptop and remote office setups
- Free office lunches (if in the Bay Area)
- All-access Wework passes and frequent trips to the Bay Area (if remote)
We aim to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds - not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. People from all across the globe and all walks of life participate in our protocol, and we'd like our team to reflect that. If you share our interest in DeFi and our passion for promoting financial inclusion, we'd love to have you on the team.
Not the perfect fit?