Aptos is looking to hire a Production Engineer to join the team. This is a full-time position that is 100% remote.
About The Role
Aptos is looking for an energetic and experienced HR Manager to join our team. The HR Manager at Aptos will assist in driving our vision and strategies through the lens of the people the leadership team serves. The ideal candidate for this position will serve as a role model and champion for the Aptos culture, while demonstrating value in diversity and inclusion.
With Aptos in a stage of hyper growth, we are looking for someone who is inspired by and passionate about designing, building, developing a strong People function that fuels our business. You will work closely with the CEO as well as the rest of the company’s leadership team to design and build the HR function to support the business needs from a people perspective as well as design and foster a culture that prospective candidates are seeking out and employees want to remain a part of.
About The Role
We’re looking for production engineers who will help develop core blockchain node software and the ecosystem infrastructure. This role will be responsible for implementing the blockchain node reference deployment, building automation tools to improve operational complexity, and helping our node operator and developer ecosystem grow. You will be joining a team building a highly scalable and available distributed system. Performance and reliability are critical. You will be expected to do everything from architecture and design, to implementing those designs in code, to testing the implementations for correctness and performance, and finally optimizing the implementations for better performance. Relevant industry experience is important (Site Reliability Engineer, Systems Engineer, Software Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Network Engineer, or similar role), but ultimately less so than your demonstrated abilities and attitude.
This is an opportunity for someone who is passionate about service reliability, enjoys automating human out of manual operation processes, excited by building products that will serve millions of users. You will be working on fast-paced, rapidly growing, high-profile projects with a significant opportunity for industry-level impact on emerging blockchain and cryptocurrency technologies.
What you'll be doing:
- Developing high-quality technical content such as automation tools, and reference architectures to help our partners, and customers build on the work we deliver.
- Writing and reviewing code, developing documentation and disaster recovery plans, and debugging the hardest problems, live, on Aptos blockchain tech stacks.
- Designing, developing, and deploying new systems that enhance throughput, latency, reliability, availability, and security for the blockchain and the blockchain ecosystem services.
- Together with our engineering team, you will share an on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for service incidents.
What we're looking for:
- 4+ years experience in backend software or infrastructure
- 4+ years experience with operating systems and TCP/IP network fundamentals
- 4+ years experience coding in higher-level languages (e.g., Rust, Python, C++, or Java)
- 4+ years experience learning software, frameworks and APIs
- Experience in Terraform, Helm, Kubernetes
- Experience with AWS, GCP, Azure, or other cloud environment
- Experience with blockchain and crypto (Bitcoin, Ethereum, DeFi etc.)
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain technical concepts clearly and simply
- Proven ability to quickly get up to speed on unfamiliar technologies.
- Proven ability to understand customer requirements and identify appropriate solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills working with Engineers from junior to senior levels
- Demonstrated critical thinking under pressure
While our HQ is currently in Palo Alto, California, we support a 100% remote work culture and we are hiring across the world. We raised our first round of funding from some of the top firms led by a16z and Multicoin. In addition to our remote-friendly work culture, we offer the following to all Aptos employees:
- Health insurance coverage
- Equipment of your choice
- Unlimited Vacation time
- Competitive Salary
- Equity (i.e. RSUs)
- Protocol Token Grants
Not the perfect fit?