Aptos is looking to hire a React Native Engineer to join the team. This is a full-time position that is 100% remote.
Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for "The People") encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
About the Role
As part of the Ecosystem team, you will be working with various projects, protocols, and frameworks to foster a thriving developer ecosystem. You will build industry-leading applications and tools for interacting with the Web3 world from Android devices.
The scope is open-ended, but projects will be in the following areas: developer tooling, SDKs, wallets, APIs, standards & protocols, and much more.
What you’ll be doing
- Working with the platform and other mobile engineers to define an Aptos standard protocol for communicating with DApps from mobile devices
- Designing and building an Aptos mobile wallet
- Writing well-tested, reliable code for use by millions of users
- Deploying new mobile applications to the App and Play Store
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of React / React Native experience
- Extensive experience with building user-facing applications from scratch
- Experienced in building complex, accessible user interfaces that scale and feel light
- You care about creating delightful experiences while understanding industry UI/UX best practices
- Passionate about cryptocurrencies, blockchains or privacy
- Open-source contributor (bonus: maintainer of one or more projects)
- Experience with native Android or iOS development
While our HQ is currently in Palo Alto, California, we support a 100% remote work culture and we are hiring across the world. We raised our first round of funding from some of the top firms led by a16z and Multicoin. In addition to our remote-friendly work culture, we offer the following to all Aptos employees:
- Health insurance coverage
- Equipment of your choice
- Unlimited Vacation time
- Competitive Salary
- Equity (i.e. RSUs)
- Protocol Token Grants
Not the perfect fit?