Uniswap is looking to hire a Research Data Scientist to join the team. This is a full-time position that is remote or in New York
The Uniswap Protocol is the largest decentralized trading and automated market making protocol (often called a DEX, “Decentralized Exchange”) on Ethereum.
The Uniswap Labs team was a major contributor to the Uniswap Protocol and now focuses on building a suite of products to support the Uniswap ecosystem. Our team is one of the most impactful in crypto. We are based out of SoHo in New York City with the option to be partially or fully remote depending on the position.
Uniswap Labs is seeking a Research Data Scientist, who will work in a highly collaborative and cross-functionally team setting to further our understanding of the protocol and product usage, and to contribute toward future product innovations through research. Active areas of study include deepening understanding of liquidity demand and provision in decentralized exchanges, quantifying and predicting behaviors of different market participant, design mechanisms to prevent and deter market manipulation and reduce systemic risk. Candidates must have strong curiosity to drive understanding in DeFi, interest in applying research to application, and desire to share knowledge broadly.
Candidates should have familiarity the Uniswap Protocol, and its surrounding ecosystem of products, and DeFi/web3. Additionally, candidates should have strong communication skills and be capable of sharing their work with members across the team.
What You Will Do:
- Systematically test and expand hypotheses to shape protocol and product improvements
- Develop statistical and machine learning models to understand and predict market participant behaviors and interaction with other protocols in DeFi
- Source data and implementing metrics that further understanding of products across the Uniswap ecosystem
- Work on self-directed and collaborative research projects that contribute to future product innovations
- Collaborate with internal and external researchers to study and elucidate protocol usage and associated market dynamics
- Bachelors/Masters/Ph.D. in quantitative fields (CS, Stats, economics, etc) with 2+ years work experience
- Experience in processing, analyzing, and reporting on financial or consumer product data
- Experience with SQL and Python/C++
- An inquisitive mindset and ability to tackle challenges with limited guidance
- Strong communication skills and the ability to present insights to team members across other domains
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally in a deeply collaborative work environment
- Experience in financial services/startups/tech
Nice to Have:
- Experience within DeFi/web3
- Experience in a research role that applies scientific rigor to solve complex problems in an area of domain expertise
- Experience with blockchain data and analytics tools
- Fondness for the color pink