Polygon is looking to hire a Senior Analyst, Data Science to join the team.
What is Polygon?
Polygon is the leading platform for Ethereum scaling and infrastructure development. Its growing suite of products offers developers easy access to all major scaling and infrastructure solutions: L2 solutions (ZK Rollups and Optimistic Rollups), sidechains, hybrid solutions, stand-alone and enterprise chains, data availability solutions, and more. Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with 37,000+ applications hosted, 1B+ total transactions processed, 140M+ unique user addresses, and $5B+ in assets secured.
About Data & Analytics at Polygon
The Data & Analytics team unlocks data driven decision making at Polygon. Our main focus is bringing datasets together to create a holistic, real-time view of the Polygon ecosystem and the health of the business. Our team supports all functions within Polygon, including product, marketing, people (HR), Defi, NFT/gaming and more. We surface insights throughout the organization and analysis is featured in a variety of business cases and publications. On-chain analysis includes all current and future Polygon solutions, including PoS, zk-rollups, and distributed data availability. We also create a number of public-facing apps for both users and developers. Finally, we work alongside 3rd party analytics and collaborate with many teams across our ecosystem.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Create value by transforming raw data into actionable insights. This may be in the form of dashboards, triggered reporting, or one off research analysis.
- Increase Polygon’s visibility in the web3 data analytics community through creation and management of bounty programs and hackathons
- Collaborate with different stakeholders to help guide product direction and define the quantitative metrics that we should be tracking across the Polygon ecosystem.
- Develop training materials and support business teams on different tools and data products used at Polygon
- Create new workflows and automate existing manual workflows in tools used by different teams
- Develop subject matter expertise and deliver deep thinking related to Polygon’s products and the web3 ecosystem at large
- Keep a finger on the pulse of web3 communities, know what’s moving and why; and provide insight on trends and movements before they happen.
What you'll need
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills that enable you to earn trust at all levels
- Good at dealing with ambiguity and the rapidly changing business landscape3+ years of experience producing high-quality research and analysis on a short deadline.
- Ability to synthesize complex topics and provide concise summaries for readers.
- Knowledge of different tools like Notion, Airtable and ability to quickly learn new ones
- 3+ years of SQL experience within analytical data warehouses and / or business intelligence tools
- 2+ years of experience with web3 analytics platforms like Dune Analytics, Flipside, etc
- Already part of the web3 community, prominent member of group(s), twitter following or medium contributor
- Experience with Google Cloud Stack for Data (BigQuery, Composer, etc)
- Previous experience working on shared repos, github actions, and CI/CD
Work from anywhere (Remote first)
Flexible working hours
Flexible vacation policy