Aave is looking to hire a Senior Backend Engineer Web3 to join the team.
The Aave Companies are focused on innovation in Web3 and have cultivated a thriving, collaborative culture. Valuing expertise and dedication, the Aave fam is welcoming, passionate, and eager to build great products. We celebrate differences and seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool...and we're hiring!
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to build Web3-based applications from the ground up, which will become critical pieces of architecture for the next stage of Web3 and crypto adoption. The ideal candidate should have experience in Web3 and DeFi and is excited about building high-quality foundations for software products with the goal of setting up protocols for long-term success. From Lens Protocol to future projects in the pipeline, there are a number of products the Aave Companies are working on at all times and you can be an integral part of building the future of Web3!
Although the role is remote-friendly, it is preferred that you are located and working within the GMT-PST time zones for coordination purposes.
- Participate in the full application development lifecycle, focusing on engineering and pre-deployment testing.
- Work closely with Product, Design, and Engineering teams to define, prioritize and build out product features.
- Collaborate with frontend and smart contract engineers to integrate user-facing elements with server-side logic.
- Participate in all stages of product development from inception to launch.
- Improve scalability of existing Web applications.
- Build integration libraries and SDKs to interface with our server and APIs.
- 5+ years of backend engineering experience.
- Experience working with Typescript, Node, SQL and writing unit tests and integration tests.
- A self-starter with the ability to run with tasks independently.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Good working knowledge of git.
- A deep understanding of the architecture of modern Web3 applications and backends and experience integrating with smart contracts.
- Experience in all stages of product development including technical planning, rigorous testing, and launch.
- Ability to write high-quality, well-tested code in an asynchronous environment.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field preferred.
- Experience working with Postgres and GraphQL APIs is a big plus.
- A passion for DeFi and Web3
- English language fluency
- Flexible working with office based in Central London (W11) or remote
- Gym membership and daily lunch delivery perk if office-based (based on eligibility)
- Private health care
- 25 days of paid holiday
- Front-row seat in the development of a new Web3 future and new job category
- Innovation-driven work environment
Not the perfect fit?