Polygon is looking to hire a Senior Community Learning Engineer to join the team.
Polygon is the leading platform for Ethereum scaling and infrastructure development. Its growing suite of products offers developers easy access to all major scaling and infrastructure solutions: L2 solutions (ZK Rollups and Optimistic Rollups), sidechains, hybrid solutions, stand-alone and enterprise chains, data availability solutions, and more. Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with 20,000+ applications hosted, 1B+ total transactions processed, :140M+ unique user addresses, and $5B+ in assets secured.
The Developer Education (devED) team at Polygon creates best-in-class learning products, resources, and experiences that effectively help developers onboard to Polygon's blockchain technologies and continuously develop their skills to accelerate their path to productivity. We rely on a science driven product development approach to understanding what developers need, and to create the most effective educational experiences to help them achieve success.
Are you a software engineer or solution architect with working knowledge and passion for educating others so they can learn the skills they need to build technology? Do you believe in the big potential that Ethereum and other blockchain technologies have for changing the way we interact with the web for work, play and life? If so, this may be the role for you.
We are looking for a Sr. Community Learning Engineer to help us drive our strategy of educating the worldwide community of developers on the awesomeness of blockchain, Ethereum EVM, and how Polygon products and technologies can empower decentralized solution development for all. In this role, you will serve as the voice of the developer community for the developer education team, and help evangelize the best practices we put forward in the community. This role will work closely with the curriculum, learning platform, solutions architecture, marketing, and developer relations teams at Polygon to identify and build the features of educational experiences with the highest impact. This role will own the end to end strategy for evangelizing, engaging, and supporting developers learning with Polygon’s educational resources on Discord, Telegram, Tiktok and other Social Media, as well as during live events such as Hackathons, Hacker Houses, Workshops, Conferences and more.
- 2 years experience evangelizing, reviewing, and contributing to curriculum in highly technical subjects via learning materials and experiences (technical articles, white papers, tutorials, sample code, workshops and other events).
- 2 years experience with community growth and management on social media platforms, especially Discord, working with mods, partnerships etc.
- Working knowledge and building experience with blockchain, ethereum, web3, dApps.
- Very strong communication and organizational skills.
- Superior public speaking, presentation skills, and proficiency customizing technical, education content for different live instruction contexts.
- Hands-on as needed with the ability to dive deep and contribute to content creation as needed.
- Willingness to travel and ability to work autonomously up to 25% of the time.
- 4 Year Degree in Computer Science, Learning/Cognitive Science, Educational Technology or similar, or equivalent work experience.
- Strong social media reputation and a strong developer following on social media channels such as Discord, Youtube, Twitch, Tiktok, etc.
- 2+ years developer experience in the web3/blockchain developer ecosystem.
- 2+ years developing blockchain/web3 projects and applications using Ethereum and /or Polygon stack.
- Work from anywhere (Remote first)
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible vacation policy
- Competitive Salary