MakerDAO is looking to hire a remote Senior Engineer - Sidestream Auction Service to join the team. This is a full-time position that is 100% remote.
What do we do.
Liquidations and auctions are important security mechanisms to keep the Maker protocol free of debt. A healthy auction ecosystem helps to operate the protocol sustainably. Besides, a healthy auction ecosystem helps with better outcomes for vault owners in cases of liquidations, which can increase user satisfaction.
About Sidestream Services.
Sidestream (SAS) is a one-of-a-kind software company inside MakerDAO. We focus on a great work - and engineering culture - while building software for customers, working for a DAO, and trying out our own software products. With SAS we are building a dedicated Core Unit inside of our company that forms part of the MakerDAO ecosystem - the most ahead of the curve Decentralized Autonomous Organization - We use the newest technologies, so you don’t waste time learning legacy things.
Here there's a non-exhaustive list of our tech stack: Vue.js with Nuxt, Node.js, Docker, Kubernetes, Github with CI/CD, AWS Services. If you want to learn more about Sidestream Services have a look to our Maker Improvement Proposal: https://mips.makerdao.com/mips/details/MIP39c2SP25
Some of the things we’ve worked on:
- Sidestream x MakerDAO featured in Handesblatt (in German) - it’s the German financial times
- Sprint Release Notes
- New Auctions Portal built by Core Unit
What you will work on
- You’ll have weekly sparring sessions with experienced developers to discuss your personal and professional development, receive feedback and talk about concrete technical challenges.
- You enjoy writing high-quality, production-ready code that is always peer-reviewed.
- A PR review is not just another process for us. We are serious about taking your code and you to the next level, while also learning all the new patterns and techniques that your code has to offer.
- Well managed processes and working in an Agile setting.
- Freedom to choose your own Operating System.
- You’ll get enough focus time to write clean, composable and testable code.
- Interest in Web3, and ideally an understanding of Fin-tech products.
- Strong understanding of different API frameworks, like REST or WebRTC.
- Strong understanding of different databases and data structures.
- Test-driven mindset, with an ability to work around developer tooling.
- Experience with pull requests.
- Prior experience with Web3 toolings, like Web3.js and Ether.js
- Strong exposure to integrating web clients with Blockchain.
- Ability to query on-chain and off-chain data.
- Ability to write, deploy and debug solidity smart contracts.