Balancer is looking to hire a remote Senior Frontend Engineer (Web3/DeFi) to join the team. This is a full-time position that is 100% remote.
Balancer is an open-source DeFi protocol built on the Ethereum network (incl. L2s - Arbitrum & Polygon). More specifically Balancer is a base layer AMM (Automated Market Maker) and DEX (Decentralized Exchange). Built on the Ethereum blockchain, Balancer offers new solutions to the problems of traditional and centralized exchanges. Developers leverage Balancer as a permissionless building block to innovate freely and create new treasury management systems. Balancer’s mission is to become the primary source of DeFi liquidity by providing the most flexible and powerful platform for programmable liquidity.
Balancer is a DeFi protocol, so decentralization of all aspects of the protocol, including the frontend, is a priority. Over the next year, this team will build the foundational products and services required to decentralize access to the Balancer protocol. We’re looking for people that have a strong user-focused mindset with an interest in solving the new problems that exist in the Web3 space. You’re comfortable working in an open-source environment with lots of moving pieces, give attention to detail, and have a curiosity for learning new technologies and systems.
- Build user-facing experiences for accessing and interacting with the Balancer protocol.
- Work closely with designers, engineers, and other product owners in the Balancer ecosystem.
- Be responsible for planning and architecting new and existing systems that tie together the various elements that make up a Web3 app in a clean and modular way.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Have extensive experience working with Vue, React or Angular.
- Experience as a core member of a software development team with significant contributions.
- OOP development experience.
- An interest or passion for working on DeFi protocols.
- Have some experience with ethers.js, GraphQL and Solidity, but these are not essential.
The ideal candidate will probably be a mid-level to senior frontend developer that is either of the following:
- A Vue developer with Web3 experience (+++)
- A Vue developer without Web3 experience (++)
- A React or Angular developer with extensive/professional Web3 experience (+)
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
More about this role
- Fully remote, the whole Balancer team is remote, there is no office.
- Open-source, current production app: https://github.com/balancer-labs/frontend-v2
- Current frontend team size: 4 (incl. lead)
- Tech stack:
- Vue 3 - Composition API
- Vue-cli / Webpack
- Tailwind CSS
- Competitive salary + token incentives
- Flexible PTO
- At least two on-sites (in-person meetups) per year
- Experience at leading DeFi protocol
- With a remote team all over the world, you can work from wherever you want!
- Wellness & co-working stipends plus phone and internet reimbursements
Balancer Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.