TempleDAO is looking to hire a remote Senior Game Developer to join the team. This is a full-time position that is 100% remote.
We are looking for an experienced Lead Game Developer with an interest in web3 to join us in rapidly designing, developing, and scaling Smolverse.
Smolverse is a 2D retro-style pixelart metaverse with many different mini-games separate from the main game experience. (References: Stardew Valley, Farmville, Zelda)
Smolverse currently includes the main umbrella collections Smol Brains and Smol Bodies, with a third main collection (‘Enjoyooooors’) planning to launch on the marketplace in Q2 of 2022. Smolverse and its related NFT collections are one of the flagship metaverses that have launched within the Treasure ecosystem.
You should have deep experience in conceptualising game experiences and bringing them to life by your excellent technical abilities and implementation/coding. This will be managed in conjunction with the Design Lead for Smolverse and delivered in partnership with functional leads, engineers, and artists.
- Applying your own expertise to build and optimize our game infrastructure for Smolverse
- Creating engaging and joyful game experiences
- Coding and delivering these games
- Advising the team on best practices based on your industry experience
- Building solid production pipelines to ensure frictionless development and fast time to market
- Breaking down complex problems into manageable pieces
- Scope and prioritise activities based on project needs
- Meeting deadlines and communicating proactively with stakeholders
- Being able to translate spec sheets & designs into a working game
- Overseeing Junior Game Developers/Designers and leading them to ensure great outcomes
- Working closely with Design Lead & Project Managers and reporting development status
- 3+ years experience in the field of computer game development
- Being able to code for web & mobile applications
- Being fluent in the game engine of your choice (i.e. Unity, UE, Godot, etc.)
- Portfolio of projects you worked on including role description
Nice to have
- UI/UX/Frontend development experience
- Artistic background & understanding of design workflows
- A good sense for timing, animation and sound design.
- Working with a decentralised and global team; and
- Knowledge of web3, cryptocurrencies, NFTs and specifically “Play-to-Earn” games.
Not the perfect fit?