Game7 is an Autonomous GameFi Institution whose treasury is managed and deployed by the community. Our mission is to make web3 gaming sustainable by accelerating the industry towards collaboration, unified standards, open source innovation and having fun.
To achieve this, both BitDAO and Forte have committed $500m to our treasury. Our community then helps decide how to deploy strategic capital towards both Investments and Grants that help drive the ecosystem forward.
As a community, we are passionate about crypto, gaming and are comprised of industry leaders and blockchain experts, who believe there are better ways to build distributed organizations. Our community consists of diverse, talented and intelligent members who’s contributions to the ecosystem help define their governance capabilities.
We’re looking for the next generation of leaders and doers who have a passion for crypto and are looking to influence the future of DAOs, DeFi, Web3 and GameFi. If you’re a self-starter, believe in autonomy and ownership, then we encourage you to apply for this role.
About this team
We believe the greatest long-term value propositions for web3 gaming center around the interoperability of assets across multiple games, marketplaces, DeFi protocols, communities, social graphs, and reputation systems. Web3 gaming has the potential to serve as a catalyst for growing web3, and in doing so, empowering millions and then billions of people who were previously locked out of the legacy financial system.
HyperPlay is aiming to solve the web3 gaming interoperability problem by creating an open-source game installer that passes through the player’s web3 wallet into native desktop games. The HyperPlay launcher will aggregate both existing game stores (like the Epic Game Store) or allow players to sideload games which are not launched through those stores.
The culture we are looking for
- Be entrepreneurial, growth-minded, collaborative, and enjoy working in a startup environment with some level ambiguity, autonomy, and freedom to experiment
- Bring a passion for open-source software and working in public alongside a community of stakeholders
- Be comfortable working in a story-driven development environment
- Proactively contribute to team discussions about technical issues, sprint and roadmap planning, and improving team processes
- Be proficient and thoughtful with asynchronous and synchronous communication, giving and receiving feedback, and working independently and with a team
- Support their teammates’ performance and growth
- Be successful working within a fully remote environment
- Bring respect, patience, and empathy to every interaction and relationship with coworkers and the community
- Bring hustle, enthusiasm, heart and a love of shipping code and fixing bugs to their work
- Strong knowledge of web3 wallets and web3 dapp development patterns (MetaMask, WalletConnect, ethers.js, web3.js, or similar).
- Skilled with JS libraries like React, Electron
- Able to architect and implement a Node.js back-end
- Experience with REST APIs and WebSockets
- Browsers and browser APIs
- Front-end build tools: Vite, webpack, or similar
- Testing: unit, integration, end-to-end
Benefits & Perks
- Fully remote working environment
- Compensation packages are reflective of the experience and value you bring to the organization and individual projects
- Base pay USDC, paid monthly
- Work Supplies, HW & Home Office Equipment
- Co-working space or home office-related expenses
- Any learning or education materials related to work
- Travel related expenses that are related to work
- Any expenses related to food and entertainment for work
- Any expenses related to both physical or mental health and well-being