Magic Eden is looking to hire a Senior Software Engineer - Backend to join the team.
Magic Eden is the #1 NFT marketplace on Solana. Our mission is to be the destination for discovering, trading, and creating NFTs. Magic Eden has been a community-first marketplace since day 1 and strives to be the most customer-centric NFT marketplace.
Magic Eden is a remote first company with competitive benefits and perks; all the roles are open for global talent.
Magic Eden is looking for a Security Engineer who is reliable, experienced and motivated to join our team. This role will focus on developing comprehensive threat detection capabilities, security testing of backend services and building tools for a secure development lifecycle. Our Security Engineer will be working closely with our engineering team to help keep Magic Eden’s user data, environments and employees safe. This role requires a good understanding of Security Engineering processes and the latest security technologies and softwares.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Build new services to meet critical product and business needs using Node.JS.
- Design scalable systems to solve novel problems with modern cloud technology and industry best practices.
- Articulate a long term vision for maintaining and scaling our backend systems and the teams running them.
- Work with engineers, designers, product managers and senior leadership to turn our product and technical vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter.
- Write high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of your customers.
What we look for in you:
- You have at least 6+ years of experience in software engineering.
- You’ve designed, built, scaled and maintained production services, and know how to compose a service oriented architecture.
- You write high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of your customers.
- You’re passionate about building an open financial system that brings the world together.
Nice to haves:
- You have gone through a rapid growth in your company (from startup to mid-size).
- Experience with growth experiments or A/B testing frameworks.
- You have experience with Blockchain technology (such as Solana, Bitcoin, Ethereum etc..)
- You have experience decomposing a large monolith into microservices.
- You’ve worked with AWS, Web3.js, NodeJS, Postgres, MongoDB.
- You’ve built financial, high reliability or security systems.