What is Polygon Labs?
Polygon Labs develops Ethereum scaling solutions for Polygon protocols. Polygon Labs engages with other ecosystem developers to help make available scalable, affordable, secure and sustainable blockchain infrastructure for Web3. Polygon Labs has initially developed a growing suite of protocols for developers to gain easy access to major scaling solutions, including layer 2s (zero-knowledge rollups and optimistic rollups), sidechains, hybrid chains, app-specific chains, enterprise chains, and data availability protocols. Scaling solutions that Polygon Labs initially developed have seen widespread adoption with tens of thousands of decentralized apps, unique addresses exceeding 225 million, over 1.2 million smart contracts created and 2.56 billion total transactions processed since inception. The existing Polygon network is home for some of the biggest Web3 projects, such as Aave, Uniswap, and OpenSea, and well-known enterprises, including Robinhood, Stripe and Adobe. Polygon Labs is carbon neutral with the goal of leading Web3 in becoming carbon negative.
Senior Software QA Engineer
Polygon ID is a set of tools for developers that can be used to facilitate trusted and secure relationships between apps and users. Developers can use Polygon ID to enable the exchange of verifiable credentials secured by cryptography and the blockchain. Polygon ID is designed for developers with a strong focus on privacy, decentralization and user data self-sovereignty.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Software QA Engineer to join our team and help ensure the quality and reliability of our products.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in test automation, blockchain technology, API’s, ReactJS and mobile testing.
We are looking for a seasoned hands-on professional able to define, implement and run a complete quality assurance framework across multiple layers (from blockchain to backend, front end and mobile).
Key Job Responsibilities
- Develop and implement effective test strategies, plans, and test cases for Polygon ID, ensuring comprehensive coverage of functional and non-functional requirements specific to the product.
- Provide manual testing when required
- Work with external tool providers to the automation of mobile testing.
- Design and develop robust test automation frameworks and tools tailored to Polygon ID, optimizing efficiency and reducing manual effort.
- Utilize advanced artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques to automate the creation of test cases and test data.
- Collaborate closely with software development teams to identify and resolve software defects, issues, and risks within Polygon ID.
- Continuously enhance and optimize the quality assurance processes, tools, and methodologies within Polygon ID
- Stay at the forefront of industry best practices, emerging technologies, and trends related to blockchain, test automation, and artificial intelligence.
“A Day in the Life might include designing, executing, and overseeing a comprehensive quality assurance framework encompassing various layers, including blockchain, backend, frontend, and mobile, ensuring its successful implementation and operation".
What you’ll need- Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Software QA Engineer, with a demonstrated focus on testing blockchain-based applications (dApps), mobile applications, API’s and ReactJS applications.
- Hands-on experience in utilizing artificial intelligence techniques to automate the creation of test cases and test data.
- Familiarity with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines and tools
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced, agile development environment, with a strong commitment to quality and delivery excellence.
Polygon Labs Perks
The goal of the Polygon Labs total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan includes, the following benefits:
Remote first global workforce
Industry leading Medical, Dental and Vision health insurance fully covered for each employee*
Company matching 401k with 6% match*
$1,500 Home Office Set Up Allowance (life-time max)
$2,000 Annual Employee Development Program
$200 Annual Book Allowance Program
Internet or phone reimbursement
Generous & flexible PTO and country-specific holidays
1 company wide wellness Friday day off per quarter
Company issued laptop
Employee Assistance Programs
- In certain countries medical, dental and vision is fully covered for any dependents. This is country and plan specific.
- 401k is for United States Employees only
Polygon Labs is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.