The Aave Companies are focused on innovation in Web3 and have a thriving, collaborative culture. Valuing expertise and passion, the Aave fam is welcoming, passionate, and eager to build great new tech products... and we're hiring!
We are looking for a general Smart Contract Engineer / Auditor who will be reviewing security of the various smart contracts and protocols within the DeFi ecosystem. This candidate will provide insights in establishing best practices for security culture within the industry. This role will contribute how security is defined when building decentralized software.
The ideal candidate knows how the EVM works and the risks which can lead to vulnerabilities. Having an understanding of the DeFi ecosystem and exploitations techniques is a big plus. This role would report to our tech lead.
- Oversee smart contracts and security measures
- Audit smart contracts with the highest standard of security in the industry
- Mentor and educate engineers internally the best security practices
- You are security minded and aware of the pitfalls of EVM code and vulnerabilities
- Experience developing and building on DeFi protocols and smart contracts
- Demonstrated expertise with Solidity, EVM, and blockchain
- Experience assesing smart contract security risks
- Experience with unit and integration testing
- Experience with hardhat and geth
- BS in computer science or related work experience
- Pro-active problem solver
- Operates calmly and professionally under pressure
- Positive attitude and team player is a must
- At least 3 years of work experience in security
Nice to haves:
- Experience with typescript
- Fuzzing and formal verification as a big plus
- Very competitive salary
- Flexible work locations and working hours