Impossible Finance is a fast-growing, VC-backed, multi-chain ecosystem looking for full-stack engineers. Our team has a strong track record in DeFi, ranging from former leads at Binance and other leading fintech/consumer tech companies that built out various blockchain products including wallets, staking platforms, swap protocols, launchpads and fiat gateways.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a capable and experienced smart contract engineer looking for a high-impact role in creating technology that advances the state of DeFi. You will be responsible for designing/implementing significant portions of software that are maintainable, scalable, and clean, working alongside an expanding team of equally capable engineers.
As a smart contract engineer, you should have a general understanding of how the EVM works, and how to write contracts that are scalable and gas-efficient. You should additionally be able to clearly enumerate various UX, efficiency, and security tradeoffs when designing new features. Smart contract engineering also requires attention to detail and a strong understanding of different failure modes and notable smart contract exploits. Therefore, as part of this role, the ability to write clean and thorough tests will be required, and a security-oriented background is preferred.
We are a primarily remote company with some bases of operation in Singapore, HK, the US, and India, so good communication skills are necessary. English is the primary language of communication.
- Write high quality, reusable, and maintainable code
- Participate in code review and design review
- Documentation of features and active issues
- Proactive communication of timelines and blockers
- Strong software design/architecture skill set
- Strong background in writing smart contracts in Solidity
- Good understanding of the EVM
- Good understanding of smart contract security and known failure modes
- Experience with building large software systems, including Git, CI, and testing
- Proficient in written and verbal communication in English
- Optional (but good to have):
- 2+ years of experience in software development
- Relevant engineering degree related to CS / IT
- Experience with frontend and Web3 integration
- Exclusive upsides, co-investment opportunities and team bonuses
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Generous PTO / sick leave
- Virtual team gatherings with fun games & lucky draw
- Annual company retreat (after COVID goes away)