Union is looking to hire a remote Smart Contract / Fullstack Engineer to join the team. This is a full-time position that is 100% remote.
Who we are
Union Finance is building the Credit Primitive for DeFi.
We believe that open, permission-less community-owned financial applications are the future and that these new decentralized applications will gain global adoption because the user experience is worlds better.
- Market opportunity: There are $2B in loans outstanding on Ethereum. All of which is collateralized. In traditional finance un-collateralized lending is 100x that of the collateralized lending market.
- Product opportunity: we are building the protocol to enable credit on Ethereum. We believe this is one of the missing primitives to allow DeFi to become more Positive Sum.
- Company opportunity: we are a team of designers, system engineers, entrepreneurs and crypto veterans looking to build a dream team.
- We're backed by brilliant investors with a long term view (like Placeholder, 1kx, Coinfund, KR1, Scalar, and some of the top DeFi Angels).
You will be working as a Core Dev. of the Union Protocol.
- Protocol Architecture: work with the team to research, design, and test mechanisms that serve the needs of the Union ecosystem.
- Application Development: implement, test, and deploy web3 interfaces that are easy and effective to use.
- Software Development: implement and test open-source software that is used to interact with smart contracts
- Community Building: work with the team to create and foster a community of developers we can trust to carry Union forward
- Hands on experience in a software architect/engineering role, ideally some within solidity/ethereum development or at a fintech where funds are at risk.
- A good understanding of blockchain fundamentals, smart contracts, other defi protocols, etc.
- Demonstrated interest in open and community-driven platforms e.g. you've voted in governance
- Good Written Communication and Documentation skills in English.
- Nice to have: experience submitting proposals for a blockchain based project with a live token
- Nice to have: experience with L2, Rollups, interchain, cross-chain messaging
- Money you can exchange for things
- A Voting Stake in the Union protocol
- Home office stipend
How to Apply
Does this role sound like a good fit? Email us at jacob [at] union.finance
- Include the role's title in your subject line.
- Send along links that best showcase the relevant things you've built and done.