KeeperDAO is looking to hire a remote Social Media Manager to join the team. This is a full-time position that is 100% remote.
Rook Labs is now hiring for a Web3 and DeFi-savvy Social Media Manager who can co-develop, implement and execute a best-in-class social media strategy for our protocol, DAO and product suite.
- A professional with a deep understanding and demonstrable expertise in harnessing the power of social media to drive user and community growth. You don’t just claim it - you show it: case studies, viral posts, frameworks and playbooks you’ve made yourself or use with success.
- Well-connected in the DeFi, crypto and Web3 space. Crypto Twitter is your playground and you’re a member of several Discord DAO/DeFi groups.
- Efficient in asynchronous communication on Discord, Slack, emails, etc. As a globally-distributed organization across multiple time zones, asynchronous communication is key to this role.
- Autonomous and pro-active because at Rook Labs the “best idea wins” - so if that’s your idea - you’ll be expected to take lead to bring it to life.
This is a part-time position (for now) as we get to know each other.
The good news: there are multiple avenues for the role to grow into a full-time position (especially if you are also a subject matter expert in content marketing, copywriting, external communications, PR and/or email marketing).
- Together with the Marketing Team, you’ll develop a social media strategy aligned to the DAO’s marketing strategy.
- Build the social media content calendar aligning content to target audiences and mapping content to their respective stage of the buyer’s journey and stage of awareness.
- Scour social media, looking for opportunities to engage, both for the protocol and the DAO, as well as for key team members.
- Manage the growth of social media profiles for key team members to position their accounts as thought leaders and persons of influence in our industry.
- Schedule the publishing of your content calendar through Buffer. The content will range but won’t be limited to marketing tweets, organizational news and governance updates.
- Routinely capture and report social analytics to Marketing to ensure social media is a data-driven department that measures SMART goals against campaign objectives. Highlight wins and whys (so we can replicate and scale) and identify areas of improvement (refine or retire).
- Provide a daily recap of the most important, relevant Twitter news in our internal Discord server.
- Build and maintain a list of content syndication partners from channels, influencers, bloggers and journalists.
- Be the social eyes-and-ears of Rook Labs by sharing industry intelligence and insights on competitors, media outlets, channels, influencers and notable events and persons that should be on our radar and incorporated into a wider communications and marketing strategy.
- Communicate feedback about our project, protocol and products - and any other relevant intelligence - back to the marketing team.
- Keep track of a list of relevant hashtags and keywords, and ideate and propose appropriate responses and engagement strategies for the project Twitter account, as well as for key team members.
- Facilitate our DAOs community in spreading the Rook narrative far and wide by providing them with tweet inspiration, creative assets (including memes) and incentives.
- Driving measurable, meaningful growth through social channels
- We are looking for people with high agency
- Working at Rook Labs requires you to be a professional
- Team players only: We build things together. Ego’s are left at the door
- A High EQ
- Strong curiosity or understanding of the DeFi/web3 industry landscape
- 1-3 years experience managing social media channels, such as Twitter, Reddit, YouTube, and other emerging channels to generate leads and create or maintain a company’s brand
- You need to have demonstrable expertise in social media marketing. Meaning: proven ability to drive user and community member acquisition and growth via social channels. This role isn’t for someone to ‘figure it out on the go’. You need to be able to come in with a methodology for achieving our desired social media outcomes. You will be expected to own and lead in your role by presenting your strategic approach.
- Work experience in web3/DeFi is ideal and preferred, but not required. If you are a subject matter expert you will be able to adapt to the quirky ways of social media marketing for web3 pretty fast
- The ideal candidate will have a native understanding of social media; serious writing chops and written / visual creativity; and a deep passion for DeFi and web3
- You need to have a well-developed ability to know when or when not to engage in certain topics (a.k.a. avoid Twitter traps)
- The ability to produce content that’s on-brand at all times and conforms to Rook Labs’ brand guidelines. You know how to research and incorporate the ‘voice of customer’ for different target audiences.
- Experience working in small (5-10) creative teams
- A strong, distinctive voice on social
- A strong prerequisite is to have experience managing social media for SaaS / tech marketing teams
- Developer marketing experience in the B2B technology space
- Strong familiarity with social performance analytics and reporting
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive compensation: We will offer you highly competitive compensation, beating the largest technology companies and financial institutions on the planet.
- Equal pay for equal work: We don’t adapt compensation according to where you live. All compensation is set to reference amounts for the San Francisco Bay area, which are typically the highest in the world.
- Work smarter, not harder: We let you work flexible hours - so you can design your ideal workday schedule - and take the time you need when you feel you need to take a break.
- Work remotely: Live and work wherever you like.
- You’ll Help Build the Future of Finance: We’re reimagining finance, so your work will make a meaningful impact in helping us shape a better, more open, inclusive and fairer financial system.
Not the perfect fit?