Aptos is looking to hire a Software Engineer, Cryptography to join the team. This is a full-time position that is 100% remote.
Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for "The People") encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
About The Role
Our team is actively building a leading cryptography organization in order to solve complex problems involving mathematics, establishing standards and guidelines for safe use of cryptographic code, advancing the state of cryptography both within and outside Aptos. We have open roles for both junior and senior engineers, and for researchers in this space.
What you'll be doing:
- Define cryptography principles and best practices within the Aptos blockchain and ecosystem.
- Establish cryptographic standards by writing Aptos Improvement Protocols (AIPs).
- Evaluate cryptographic libraries for their safety and performance.
- Design, implement, maintain and audit cryptographic schemes, such as signature schemes, authenticated data structures, secret sharing, distributed pseudo-random functions, and zero-knowledge proofs
- Publish research work to top conferences
- Contribute across the Rust Blockchain code stack, the Move framework, and many of the SDKs (e.g., Typescript, Python, Rust)
- Work closely with engineering and partner teams.
What we’re looking for:
- Prior experience in cryptography or security
- Familiarity with smart contracts
- Ability to write technical documentation and specifications
- Fluent in English
While our HQ is currently in Palo Alto, California, we support a hybrid remote work culture and we are hiring across the world. We raised our first round of funding from some of the top firms led by a16z and Multicoin. In addition to our remote-friendly work culture, we offer the following to all Aptos employees:
- Health insurance coverage
- Equipment of your choice
- Unlimited Vacation time
- Competitive Salary
- Equity (i.e. RSUs)
- Protocol Token Grants
Not the perfect fit?