Rook Labs (formerly KeeperDAO) is looking to hire a remote Solidity Developer to join the team. This is a full-time position that is 100% remote.
Compensation Range: $210k-722k (dependent on expertise).
We are looking for a Solidity developer who can join us to build the universal coordination layer for DeFi. Successful candidates will generate massive value for the KeeperDAO protocol and the blockchain ecosystem, and will be rewarded as such.
This should be your thing. We’re looking for someone who wants to be the best in the world at Solidity, EVM, and contract design, and who is familiar with and fascinated by protocol design, efficiency, tokenomics, and automation. This job shouldn’t be viewed as a stepping stone to some other role. If you are successful here, this should be the last job you ever need to have.
- Develop smart contracts for our first-party protocols and facilities
- Evaluate protocol smart contracts for the potential for Coordination Game integration
- Design mechanisms to enhance protocols and products
- Evaluate costs and security risks of products under development
- We are looking for people with high agency
- Working at KeeperDAO requires you to be a professional
- Interest in Web3 is a must, experience with DeFi is strongly preferred
- Team players only: We build things together. Ego’s are left at the door
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Able to reason adversarially about a program
- Able to produce thorough and extensive automated tests
- Financial literacy and familiarity with markets and financial instruments is strongly preferred
- Understanding of the EVM and security best practices
- Experience writing and deploying solidity smart contracts
- A solid understanding of (decentralized) finance and blockchains
- Experience working in small (5-10) creative teams
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive compensation: We will offer you highly competitive compensation, beating the largest technology companies and financial institutions on the planet.
- Unlimited upside: You will receive a grant of ROOK based on today’s price, good for the next 3 years. This gives you unlimited upside while your work benefits KeeperDAO.
- No complicated vesting: The grant vests linearly and has only a 3-month “ramp up” period. The period may be waived for highly-qualified candidates.
- Financial security: Because of our healthy, liquid treasury we won’t run out of money to pay you for the duration of your 3-year grant.
- Equal pay for equal work: We don’t adapt compensation according to where you live. All incentives are set to reference amounts for the San Francisco Bay area, which are typically the highest in the world.
- Work smarter, not harder: We let you work flexible hours - so you can design your ideal workday schedule - and take the time you need when you feel you need to take a break.
- Compensate for lack of benefits: KeeperDAO will account for the cost of missing benefits such as health insurance, 401(k) matching, vacation time, and the need to cover work-related expenses.
- Work remotely: Live and work wherever you like.
- Make a dent: We’re reimagining finance, and your work can make a meaningful impact in helping us shape a better, more open, inclusive and fairer financial system.
Working at KeeperDAO
Working at KeeperDAO gives you the ability to work on what you want to work on and make meaningful change.
We are a relatively young, committed, and globally distributed team consisting of some of the brightest minds in the industry (some of which used to work at companies like Google and NASA before joining us). We celebrate diversity of opinions and encourage healthy debate.
We pride ourselves on having a friendly, diverse, inclusive, and understanding work environment. Our DAO is a space for you to work, learn and innovate, and have a great time doing so. At KeeperDAO, you can bring your 'whole self' to work. There's no need for masks, no middle managers to please, no office politics, no hierarchical rat race. Our team members have a diverse set of interests, experiences, and cultural backgrounds, and we encourage you to share yours with us.
We're working towards becoming a Teal organization. We operate with natural hierarchies, meaning that if you have the expertise you'll be fully powerful, and as such you'll be consulted for all matters engineering. We operate with self-managing teams: meaning, no middle managers to veto your brilliant ideas. (For more, see the book: Reinventing Organizations, by Frederic Laloux)
Not the perfect fit?