Rook Labs is looking for an experienced copywriter with strong copy editing skills to help us produce top notch copy and be the embodiment of our organization's voice and tone. Consistently writing and editing excellent copy is hard, and very important, and you'll be rewarded as such.
Compensation Range: $169-234k (dependent on expertise).
At Rook Labs (formerly KeeperDAO), we take writing very seriously. Whether that’s code, documentation or sales copy. To be considered for this role, writing should be your thing. Your specialty. Your professional raison d'être. We’re looking for someone for who all they’d want to do (professionally) is to research, write, edit and produce the best, most convincing copy in Web3. As such, this job isn't a stepping stone to becoming a Head of Marketing, or a transitory job to find your way into another role.
- Producing all written materials for our marketing and sales campaigns
- Produce and oversee everything copy, from blog posts and forum proposals to sales pitches
- Ensure flawless written materials, including but not limited to proofreading text and streamlining and perfecting spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors
- Verify all facts and information included in written materials
- Check text for style and readability
- Assist with educating the team on best writing practices
- Assist in creation and maintenance of a consistent brand voice inside and outside of the DAO
- We are looking for people with high agency
- Working at KeeperDAO requires you to be a professional
- Interest in Web3 is a must
- A High EQ
- Team players only: We build things together. Ego’s are left at the door
- A passion for writing and a deep understanding of the importance and power of well constructed messaging
- Very strong writing skills
- Strong copy editing skills
- The ability to take a half-decent draft and consistently turn it into something ready for publication.
- Excellent written English, including good spelling and grammar
- A deep understanding and demonstrable expertise in different types of writing, from more conversion-oriented copywriting to more aspirational, brand-oriented and technical writing.
- Meticulous approach to their work and an eye for detail
- Ability to maintain high-quality work while working in the maelstrom of a DeFi startup
- Good concentration and an inquisitive mind
- Judgement in applying and maintaining brand voice
- Deep knowledge of AP style
- At minimum 2-3 years of experience
- A deep understanding and demonstrable expertise in brand copywriting
- A solid understanding of (decentralized) finance and blockchains
- Experience working in small (5-10) creative teams
- Demonstrable expertise in ghost writing
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive compensation: We will offer you highly competitive compensation, beating the largest technology companies and financial institutions on the planet.
- Unlimited upside: You will receive a grant of ROOK based on today’s price, good for the next 3 years. This gives you unlimited upside while your work benefits KeeperDAO.
- No complicated vesting: The grant vests linearly and has only a 3-month “ramp up” period. The period may be waived for highly-qualified candidates.
- Financial security: Because of our healthy, liquid treasury we won’t run out of money to pay you for the duration of your 3-year grant.
- Equal pay for equal work: We don’t adapt compensation according to where you live. All incentives are set to reference amounts for the San Francisco Bay area, which are typically the highest in the world.
- Work smarter, not harder: We let you work flexible hours - so you can design your ideal workday schedule - and take the time you need when you feel you need to take a break.
- Compensate for lack of benefits: KeeperDAO will account for the cost of missing benefits such as health insurance, 401(k) matching, vacation time, and the need to cover work-related expenses.
- Work remotely: Live and work wherever you like.
- Make a dent: We’re reimagining finance, and your work can make a meaningful impact in helping us shape a better, more open, inclusive and fairer financial system.
Working at Rook Labs (formerly KeeperDAO)
Working at Rooks Labs gives you the ability to work on what you want to work on and make meaningful change.
We are a relatively young, committed, and globally distributed team consisting of some of the brightest minds in the industry (some of which used to work at companies like Google and NASA before joining us). We celebrate diversity of opinions and encourage healthy debate.
We pride ourselves on having a friendly, diverse, inclusive, and understanding work environment. Our DAO is a space for you to work, learn and innovate, and have a great time doing so. At Rooks Lab, you can bring your 'whole self' to work. There's no need for masks, no middle managers to please, no office politics, no hierarchical rat race. Our team members have a diverse set of interests, experiences, and cultural backgrounds, and we encourage you to share yours with us.