Polygon is seeking an IT Engineer to support the acquisition, scaling, integration, administration, and lifecycle management for internal tools and services used across the organization.
What is Polygon Labs?
Polygon Labs develops Ethereum scaling solutions for Polygon protocols. Polygon Labs engages with other ecosystem developers to help make available scalable, affordable, secure and sustainable blockchain infrastructure for Web3. Polygon Labs has initially developed a growing suite of protocols for developers to gain easy access to major scaling solutions, including layer 2s (zero-knowledge rollups and optimistic rollups), sidechains, hybrid chains, app-specific chains, enterprise chains, and data availability protocols. Scaling solutions that Polygon Labs initially developed have seen widespread adoption with tens of thousands of decentralized apps, unique addresses exceeding 225 million, over 1.2 million smart contracts created and 2.56 billion total transactions processed since inception. The existing Polygon network is home for some of the biggest Web3 projects, such as Aave, Uniswap, and OpenSea, and well-known enterprises, including Robinhood, Stripe and Adobe. Polygon Labs is carbon neutral with the goal of leading Web3 in becoming carbon negative.
- Own, integrate and maintain all tools and services used internally across the org, including, but not limited to:
- HRIS apps, Support Ticketing systems, Productivity Suites, CRM apps, Teleconferencing apps, source code & password mgmt services.
- Implement best practice policies and procedures for onboarding, scaling, security, backups and disaster recovery for all services.
- Coordinate monitoring performance and availability of services with DevOps team.
- Coordinate with teams across the org to manage capacity planning for all services, including maintaining and managing license pools for services.
- Support the acquisition of new tools, from requirements gathering through candidate selection and testing, to purchase and deployment with rollout planning and integration with existing tools.
- Coordinate with HR & team leads to manage standardized employee groupings across tools, and to customize workflows and admin rights per team within tools and services.
- Design staff onboarding and exit procedures and policies for services in coordination with HR & team leads.
- Standardize management procedures and contacts for all services.
- Coordinate with Finance team to standardize payment policies and methods for services across the org.
- Manage end-user training plans and documentation for service use.
- You've deployed and managed Email, Calendaring, Office Suite, and file sharing services for orgs > 150 people, preferably using Google Workspace. Experience with supporting global orgs and/or 400+ people is a plus.
- You have worked with Okta and integrated it with multiple SaaS products utilized on both Mac and Windows laptops. Experience architecting setups and final configurations in a SaaS environment utilizing API and workflows for integration and data management.
- Experience using and configuring MDM software (Intune and Mosyle) to standardize tools deployment across org teams and devices is a plus.
- You’ve configured service desk systems for use with various business functions and workflows. Experience with Jira preferred.
- You've managed virtual meeting software and remote conference sessions with global attendees, and meetings sizes 200+. Experience integrating external services and plug-ins for use across the org, and experience with Zoom are plusses.
- Bonus if you've used a source code control system to store service configs and track config updates for services.
- You've supported HR and finance applications. Having an opinion about what makes for a good HRIS implementation is a plus.
- Experience with supporting applications and services on Linux & OSX. Experience supporting mobile is a plus.
- High aptitude for understanding and learning new software packages, and the ability to understand end business processes is essential. ITIL/ITSM and PMP experience is a plus.
How you’ll work
- We're a global, distributed team because we take talented, motivated people where and when we find them.
- That means you'd be one of over 200 remote employees working in 80 countries. You'll manage your availability along with the availability of resources to support the varied operational, functional, and regulatory needs of people employed in so many locations, and using so many service providers to connect to company systems.
- You'll partner with DevOps team members in locations where employees are clustered to meet availability objectives, and to accommodate location and team specific service requirements.
Polygon Labs Perks
The goal of the Polygon Labs total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan includes, the following benefits:
- Remote first global workforce
- Industry leading Medical, Dental and Vision health insurance fully covered for each employee*
- Company matching 401k with 6% match*
- $1,500 Home Office Set Up Allowance (life-time max)
- $2,000 Annual Employee Development Program
- $200 Annual Book Allowance Program
- Internet or phone reimbursement
- Generous & flexible PTO and country-specific holidays
- 1 company wide wellness Friday day off per quarter
- Company issued laptop
- Employee Assistance Programs
- In certain countries medical, dental and vision is fully covered for any dependents. This is country and plan specific.
- 401k is for United States Employees only
Polygon Labs is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.