Pocket Network is looking to hire a Tokenomic Associate to join the team.
About Pocket Network
Pocket Network is the leading decentralized blockchain infrastructure protocol. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of our quickly growing adoption curve. As an open-source, permissionless protocol driving developer adoption, we believe in a future that will enable greater participation in global digital economies and communities.
What you'll do
Do you get excited about building infrastructure for web3 that will help enable an internet owned by the builders and users, orchestrated by tokens? Are you curious about how markets and economics operate from first principles and how they are evolving now that they are becoming decentralized and operate 24/7/365? Then this might be a perfect fit for you to contribute to the token economy of Pocket Network.
You will partner with the Leadership team at Pocket Network, community members, advisors and the DAO to collaborate on models and recommend implementation strategies for tokenomic changes in the protocol. L1 blockchains are more similar to nations than businesses, therefore, these tokens are similar to currencies (outlined in this Arca blog) so it is important to think about this as an opportunity to help design a growing economy for POKT.
In this role, you will
- Research other token economies to iterate upon our thinking and current plans based on a solid understanding of other tokenomics
- Support in the iterative development of the overall tokenomics road-map
- Model and calculate token financials, sensitivity, transaction amounts, supply, etc and iterate the token economy over time to ensure sustainability
- Create algorithms which can monitor networks costs, forecast demand and adjust issuance based on these key metrics overtime
- Support in refining pricing models and respective go-to-market strategies
- Author and contribute to the writing of docs, forum posts, DAO proposals, blogs and models explaining the tokenomics
- Help support Marketing by explaining the tokenomics to the community in live AMAs
- Collaborate with the capital markets lead to optimize the use cases for POKT in the token economy, assisting with creation, issuing, staking, etc.
- Intellectually curious: you are constantly learning and have mastered the art of turning complexity into simplicity to help educator others on what you’ve learned
- Strong opinions, loosely held: you will need to formulate unique perspectives and be able to persuade various stakeholders who might have competing interests in the network, while also having the mental flexibility to change your mind when presented with better alternatives
- First principles thinking: you always start with known information and then formulate logical hypothesis about the future to deduce probabilistic outcomes about what might happen in the future
- Long-term view: you understand the power of compound interest and can influence others to shift their outlook towards the long-term value
- An innovative and analytical mindset with extensive financial modeling experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience and knowledge in Web3, and tokens, including creation, minting, yield farming, issuing, burning and staking
- Experience in creating economic systems and models and testing them using software
- Knowledge in the broader blockchain ecosystem around infrastructure, DAOs and DeFi
- Understand the basics of game-theory and how capital markets operate
Benefits & Perks
🌐 Remote work
⚖️ Flexible work schedule
💸 Competitive token vesting package (to be determined upon receiving an offer)
🏖 Generous paid time off
🏫 Healthcare & Benefits
$40k – $100k base salary