Decent DAO is looking to hire a Web3 Engineer to join the team.
Who are you?
- A Web3 Engineer at Decent is highly skilled, focused, and driven to learn. Engineers at Decent work with our product managers to innovate, architect, and develop user-facing applications for our portfolio of startups. In addition, the Web3 Engineer works closely with designers and fellow engineers to successfully execute the implementation, testing, and deployment of applications.
- You have at least two years’ experience (or equivalent knowledge) in developing high-performing blockchain apps or smart contracts and can provide code samples that demonstrate this.
- You have a passion for building bleeding-edge technology on the blockchain. You’re a creative thinker and analytical problem solver who is inspired by the opportunity to build new startups and products and is unafraid to push the boundaries of what’s possible with technology. You possess a deep mastery of other open-source technologies that power the web. You can write and speak fluent English.
- At Decent, you’ll grow as a wise architect and developer with experience executing complex development roadmaps from inception to deployment.
- Design, scope, and estimate complex applications at the feature level.
- Build applications and services that power new products interacting with Ethereum (or other) blockchains.
- Envision and develop features to help build new applications.
- Collaborate with the team and cross-functional partners on all aspects of product development.
- Identify and advocate for team-wide areas of improvement and best practices.
- Mentor team members to refine their technical and architectural skills.
- Experience owning and shipping multiple products
- 5+ years of industry experience in software engineering
- A mastery of Node.js and React with an understanding of encryption and cryptography fundamentals
- Basic Solidity understanding, preferably with at least one project shipped to mainnet
- Ability to quickly iterate and ship code using test-driven development patterns
- Ability to build modern, event-driven React frontends, converting Figma designs into functional components
- Mastery of CSS, preferably via a library like TailwindCSS
- Experience with version control, such as Git
- Knowledge of engineering best practices such as continuous integration
- Exceptional judgment, problem-solving skills, and an analytical mindset
- Ability to work in areas beyond your comfort zone and motivated by personal growth
- A passion for learning and a self-awareness of your learning style
About Decent DAO
Since 2017, our efforts to dismantle centralized power structures in finance have helped launch over 30 groundbreaking cryptocurrency products. Decent Labs’ agency-meets-accelerator model has enabled entrepreneurs to develop innovative solutions and take part in a radical industry transformation. Our passionate, highly skilled team has fine-tuned the art of building and scaling successful products at the crossroads of financial technology and digital rights.
Today, we pursue our mission on a grander scale, shifting our focus from client work to community empowerment. 2022 marks the genesis of Decent DAO, an open-source collective dedicated to connecting contributors across the crypto ecosystem with the cutting-edge tools and technologies they need to build thriving, self-sufficient communities.
Benefits & Perks
💰 Competitive compensation - We believe people should be compensated well for their contributions and are proud to support thriving careers in crypto.
🌍. Work virtually anywhere - The internet has been our home since day 1. No matter where you are, WiFi is all you need to stay connected to the mission.
🌱 Grow as you go - When you’re surrounded by industry thought leaders and collaborative visionaries, leveling up is inevitable. And if there’s a conference or course that interests you, we’ve got you covered.
✈️ Team retreats - Despite our distance, we routinely take time to come together in person, nurture relationships, and make incredible memories in beautiful places.
🏖 Generous paid time off - Supporting the health and wellness of each team member is a top priority. A happy team does exceptional work. But more importantly, we care because you matter.