Aptos is looking to hire a Technical Writer, Web3 to join the team. This is a full-time position that is 100% remote.
Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for "The People") encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
About The Role:
We are seeking a full-time technical writer to join our developer team. You will join a team of talented developers to make our products & libraries easier to use and to help explain our underlying technology to a larger audience.
We are seeking a great communicator with a deep understanding of Web3 technologies: an experienced writer who can explain complex topics in a simple way, and has the ability to organize and structure our content to allow developers to onboard quickly and effectively.
What you'll be doing:
- Writing high quality documentation such as technical/architecture documentation, user guides, FAQs, video tutorials, and technical support docs for key aspects of our platform
- Documenting standards, guidelines, and best practices for engineers
- Organizing documentation and making them easily discoverable
- Maintaining content quality through curation and content performance analysis
- Monitoring external channels (like Discord) where target audience of these docs may provide feedback
- Gaining an in-depth understanding of the product and what customers/developers need
- Proactively identifying gaps in the documentation or knowledge base articles
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience as a technical writer on complex products/projects (preferably in the distributed systems, fintech or blockchain space)
- Our ideal candidate can comprehend blockchain and DeFi concepts quickly and understand the user journey from multiple perspectives
- Comfortable reading code (with some pointers when necessary)
- Enjoys working at the command line
- Has demonstrated experience identifying critical doc projects and executing them
- Is familiar with Markdown and typical content management workflows
- Creative skills and usage of visuals that may increase understanding
- Comfortable working autonomously and in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment with an emphasis on cross-team communication
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
Benefits & Perks
🌐 Remote-friendly work culture, with HQ in Palo Alto
🏥. Health insurance coverage
🖥. Equipment of your choice
🏖 Unlimited Vacation time
📈 Competitive Salary
💸. Equity (i.e. RSUs)
💰 Protocol Token Grants
Not the perfect fit?