Rook Labs is looking for a 2D Graphic Designer to help us design brand assets and marketing collateral including infographics, social content, presentations, posters, merch, and more.
Compensation Range: $169-234k (dependent on expertise).
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about every pixel, but with the ability to meet deadlines and shifting opportunities with agility. Someone who can thrive and remain productive in a non-traditional WFH role. This job shouldn’t be viewed as a stepping stone to another position; we're looking for a graphic design specialist who can own their skillset.
We are a cutting edge company in a cutting edge industry and we want our vision expressed in an equally imaginative and innovative yet polished and professional way. We're not looking for a generic, outdated, or good enough corporate style. Your work should stand next to the coolest design firms and most forward-thinking tech companies in the world.
Style aside, accurately conveying our technical concepts is very important to us, so an understanding of DeFi (decentralized finance) is a huge plus.
We are not a degen crypto project or NFT cash grab; we're building real infrastructure and partnerships with the best minds and projects in the space to make the entire ecosystem better. We have excellent engineers, true cash flow, a balanced treasury, and an ambitious vision.
This role rewards you for your imagination as well as your technical proficiency. We know that the creative process is not always straightforward and inspiration comes from many places. We also believe that personal growth and experience fill the well of creativity in a profound way. We want to help you create your best work ever and we want you to help us put our best face forward.
- Collaborating with the Studio Team -- and other team members -- to create brand-consistent 2D visual assets.
- Design accurate infographics explaining the products and economics of our ecosystem.
- Create B2B visual content (presentations, case studies, etc.) that isn't boring
- Create visual content for social media to support our online presence.
- Produce visual content for in-house use (onboarding, team building, culture).
- Produce visual assets for real-world use (conferences, posters, merch, etc.)
- Design consistent templates for presentations, social posts, overlays, etc.
- Propose potential new content projects.
- Propose inventive ways to repurpose existing content.
- 5+ years of professional experience (in-house and/or freelance). Ability to demonstrate a deep and cohesive knowledge of design principles.
- Professional command of Adobe Creative Suite (mainly Illustrator/Photoshop) and knowledge of Figma. Experience with other design tools is a plus.
- A solid understanding of DeFi (decentralized finance) and blockchains.
- Ability to work remotely in a consistent and productive manner in the sometimes chaotic world of web3/crypto. High agency and autonomy are a plus.
- Team players only: We build things together. Egos are left at the door. No brilliant jerks.
- Strong attention to detail should go without saying.
- Strong communication skills (abstract and literal) and high emotional intelligence are a huge plus.
- Experience working in small (3-8) person creative teams.
- Located in a timezone in the western hemisphere for easier collaboration.
- Experience with cryptocurrency. Do you have an Ethereum address?
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive compensation: We will offer you highly competitive compensation, beating the largest technology companies and financial institutions on the planet.
- Unlimited upside: You will receive a grant of ROOK based on today’s price, good for the next 3 years. This gives you unlimited upside while your work benefits KeeperDAO.
- No complicated vesting: The grant vests linearly and has only a 3-month “ramp up” period. The period may be waived for highly-qualified candidates.
- Financial security: Because of our healthy, liquid treasury we won’t run out of money to pay you for the duration of your 3-year grant.
- Equal pay for equal work: We don’t adapt compensation according to where you live. All incentives are set to reference amounts for the San Francisco Bay area, which are typically the highest in the world.
- Work smarter, not harder: We let you work flexible hours - so you can design your ideal workday schedule - and take the time you need when you feel you need to take a break.
- Compensate for lack of benefits: KeeperDAO will account for the cost of missing benefits such as health insurance, 401(k) matching, vacation time, and the need to cover work-related expenses.
- Work remotely: Live and work wherever you like.
- Make a dent: We’re reimagining finance, and your work can make a meaningful impact in helping us shape a better, more open, inclusive and fairer financial system.
Working at Rook Labs
Working at Rook Labs gives you the ability to work on what you want to work on and make meaningful change.
We are a relatively young, committed, and globally distributed team consisting of some of the brightest minds in the industry (some of which used to work at companies like Google and NASA before joining us). We celebrate diversity of opinions and encourage healthy debate.
We pride ourselves on having a friendly, diverse, inclusive, and understanding work environment. Our DAO is a space for you to work, learn and innovate, and have a great time doing so. At Rook Labs, you can bring your 'whole self' to work. There's no need for masks, no middle managers to please, no office politics, no hierarchical rat race. Our team members have a diverse set of interests, experiences, and cultural backgrounds, and we encourage you to share yours with us.