Gitcoin is looking to hire an Account Manager. This is a full-time position that is 100% remote.
Public goods, including open source software, deliver billions of dollars per year in economic value, but those contributing often aren’t properly incentivized or compensated for their work.
Our mission at Gitcoin is to grow and sustain public goods. We have helped people building public goods in Web3 & beyond raise over $50M by enabling institutions and the community to fund each other with cryptocurrency. Gone are the days of relying on user-extraction models to build and sustain products that are so common in web2.
We are looking to bring on Account Managers to serve as the main points-of-contact with our grants funding partners, providing them with an incredible experience. If you’re a killer relationship-builder, have great customer focus, and are results-oriented – we want to talk to you.
This role will be integrated in GitcoinDAO’s Public Goods Funding (PGF) workstream. PGF’s goal is to help push the mission above forward by increasing interest in public goods at large, and increasing funding to public goods via Gitcoin Grants.
Learn more about Gitcoin Grants through our website and through this overview blog.
- Deeply understand the Gitcoin Grants product and how it can provide value to Web3 ecosystems
- Own relationships with 7-10 Web3 ecosystem partners (e.g., Uniswap, Radicle, etc.) to enable their successful use of the Grants product
- Educate ecosystem partners about the power of Quadratic Funding and Gitcoin Grants
- Leading up to a quarterly grants round, work with each partner to define their ecosystem round’s scope, structure, objectives, and Round Brief
- Work with partners to ensure their rounds have enough grantees – help market to and onboard grantees coming from their ecosystems, and identify existing Gitcoin grantees for their round where relevant
- Work with partners to define marketing plan for their round, and collaborate with MMM to execute it
- During the round, own eligibility reviews & grant tagging for each round, in partnership with FDD
- After the quarterly grants round, loop back with partners sharing round results, soliciting feedback, and facilitating retrospectives where relevant
- Collaborate with other Grants Ops team members in making all of this more scalable & impactful – e.g., building out runbooks to do all of this better and improve the experience for our partners
- Build out runbooks and help ecosystem partners execute on engaging and tracking ecosystem grantees and their outcomes to keep growing their communities over time
- Proven work experience in a business development, account manager or client facing consulting role
- Excellent communicator and creative on-your-feet problem-solver
- Solid organization skills including attention to detail
- Welcoming and open personality, natural relationship-builder
- Self-starter able to work independently, meet deadlines, and fulfill expectations
- Basic understanding of the Ethereum ecosystem, open source software, and the public goods ethos
- Bonus: Strong network & existing relationships in the Web3 community & a keen interest in building out Web3 relationships
We’d ideally like to hire fulltime contributors. That said, for the right talent, we’re willing to be flexible in onboarding contributors in a part-time capacity with an eye to a more dedicated engagement. Let’s talk.
Our core contributors:
- Understand the ambitions and goals of GitcoinDAO, Ethereum and web3 in general and how they function on a high level.
- Agree that a passionate, inclusive, collaborative team of missionaries always outperforms a loose group of individual mercenaries.
- Are passionate about people and the transformative potential of open source software, blockchain, and disruptive technologies common in web3.
- Get things done and when they can't get them done, communicate why and what they need to get unblocked.
- Are persistent in the face of roadblocks. They take the initiative to fix issues.
- Are comfortable jumping into an unfamiliar space and navigating uncertainty (and a little chaos).
- Are committed to goals, sometimes determined by themselves and often determined collaboratively, and flexible on tactics.