Gitcoin is hiring for the following open positions
Open source software delivers billions of dollars per year in economic value, but those contributing often aren’t properly incentivized or compensated for their work. This is the problem Gitcoin originally set out to solve, and now, 5 years later, we are the largest Quadratic Funding experiment in the world empowering communities to fund their shared needs.
Gitcoin is made up of the DAO and protocol that serves as the funding mechanism for much of the Ethereum ecosystem. We have helped builders raise over $65mm by enabling institutions and the community to fund each other with cryptocurrency. This means, gone are the days of relying on user-extraction (or ad!) models to build and sustain products that are so common in web2.
Working at Gitcoin
Our core contributors:
- Understand the ambitions and goals of GitcoinDAO, Ethereum and web3 in general and how they function on a high level.
- Agree that a passionate, inclusive, collaborative team of missionaries always outperforms a loose group of individual mercenaries.
- Are passionate about people and the transformative potential of open source software, blockchain, and disruptive technologies common in web3.
- Get things done and when they can't get them done, communicate why and what they need to get unblocked.
- Are persistent in the face of roadblocks. They take the initiative to fix issues.
- Are comfortable jumping into an unfamiliar space and navigating uncertainty (and a little chaos).
- Are committed to goals, sometimes determined by themselves and often determined collaboratively, and flexible on tactics.
We believe that our team’s diversity is a strength. Ensuring our team is made up of people from all different backgrounds will lead to the strongest, most performant teams. We welcome applicants from any and all backgrounds.
- Front End: Typescript, React (or similar), HTML, CSS
- Infrastructure: AWS, ECS, Pulumi, Fleek, Vercel
- Automated testing: Jest, Hardhat
- Web3: Solidity, Ethereum, TheGraph, IPFS, Ceramic, cross-chain integrations, browser-based crypto wallets such as MetaMask