Yield Guild Games is looking to hire an Associate, Developer Relations for its team. This position is a full-time position that is 100% remote.
Yield Guild Games is a decentralized gaming guild that pools funds to purchase yield-generating NFTs, and leverages players' time and effort to optimize community-owned assets for maximum utility and return.
By merging NFTs and decentralized finance (DeFi), YGG’s creates value for its partners and community by developing the content and economy of virtual worlds and blockchain-based games. The organization’s mission is to create the biggest virtual world economy.
YGG believes that NFTs and cryptocurrencies are providing transformative economic opportunities for people young and old in developing nations where jobs are lacking and crisis relief has been limited. Notable investors in YGG include Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), Delphi Digital, BITKRAFT Ventures, Animoca Brands, Scalar Capital, and Fabric Ventures.
As one of the hottest start-ups in web3 in 2021, YGG is rapidly growing and we are looking for an Associate, Developer Relations. You’ll report to the Director, Developer Relations to help build the strongest community of builders and creatives across web3 and gaming.
As Associate, Developer Relations you will aid in supporting new programs that help educate and evangelize Play-to-Earn (P2E) gaming and other forms of web3 gaming to the greater games community. You will support the Developer Ecosystem team with a variety of content and event programs and help facilitate the internal communications process with other cross-functional teams within YGG. You will be a dynamic thinker able to juggle many different priorities with excellent organizational skills. You will be shifting your focus to a variety of programs constantly including: marketing, education and content, accelerators, and product development.
- Aid the Developer Relations team in updating the YGG strategic plan and roadmap for the developer ecosystem at scale.
- Support the development and maintenance of relationships with priority game development organizations and individual developers across the entire industry (AAA, AA, Indie, web3, VR).
- Maintain all of the data associated with the entire developer ecosystem for quick analyses and action.
- Maintain a tracking methodology for all ecosystem development projects and availability.
- Help support a network of international community leaders that facilitate local events and programming and help recruit for virtual events and content development.
- Support content and community team in development and execution of curriculum, dev portal updates, podcasts and newsletters.
- Help manage developer communication channels.
- Support the Developer Relations team with logistics for events, meetings, and global communications.
- Attend international conferences supporting the Developer Ecosystem, with a plan and full meeting schedule.
You’re a good fit if you’ve got
- 1-2 years of experience in the games industry, consulting, or comparable field.
- Demonstrable experience understanding the current games industry, including product level understanding of games systems and economies.
- Experience in blockchain is a plus.
- You must love games, be a player of games, and care deeply about the developers and players of games.
- You are Hemmingway and Churchill, with high empathy and awareness. Exceptional people and communication and skills, both written and verbal.
- You demonstrate great flexibility and humility. You will often have to roll with the punches and context-shift quickly.
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit. You will be solidly managed, but not hand-held.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time while providing the energy to move them forward.
- A big fan of data and the ability to identify trends and report on them.
- Experience with Gsuite, Airtable, Hubspot, Discord, Telegram. Photoshop and Figma skills a plus.
- Meet everyone in the games industry
- Remote working is actively supported.
- Competitive salary and upside.
- Flexible working hours and family-friendly considerations.