ZORA is looking for a skilled, motivated, and experienced attorney to join our growing Legal team as its second hire, reporting directly to our General Counsel. This role will lead on a number of critical business verticals, including commercial partnerships and intellectual property strategy, while providing key guidance on product and regulatory matters.
What you'll do
- Advise the product and engineering teams on new product and feature launches, including advising on cutting edge legal and regulatory issues.
- Take the lead in partnering with business development to structure, draft, and negotiate strategic partnership agreements.
- Manage and enforce Zora’s intellectual property strategy and compliance regime, including supporting Zora’s Trust & Safety function by implementing policies and procedures to prevent IP infringement on Zora’s platform.
- Negotiate, draft, and advise on commercial contracts, including service provider agreements, technology agreements, customer contracts, software licenses, consultancy agreements, and marketing agreements.
- Support the procurement function by enforcing a streamlined contract review and third party risk management process.
- Engage and manage outside counsel to effectively and efficiently represent Zora.
Skills we're looking for
- A results-driven, passionate, and fully qualified attorney admitted to practice in the US.
- 6+ years of experience at a top law firm and/or in-house legal team, preferably in a financial services-related industry or other complex regulatory environment.
- Strong negotiation capabilities and processes.
- Great communication skills, particularly to effectively advise, align with, and build trust with the product team and other business partners.
- Comfort working independently in a fast-paced, growth-stage, and rapidly evolving environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while maintaining a high level of precision.
We'd love it if you had
- Experience navigating financial services and/or digital asset laws and regulations.
- Familiarity with digital assets, NFTs, and digital asset or NFT applications and interfaces.
ZORA provides top quality medical, dental, and vision insurance, with a flexible time-off policy and a new Macbook Pro for full-time employees. Employees also receive equity.
ZORA is international. Our headquarters are the internet and we have employees all over the world. We’re currently in Berlin, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, Sydney, London, and Vancouver.